Pace RC500 (Nearly, Nearly finished!)

rojo":2d3nsoue said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: thought you had no money :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Its the only other good condition one that I have seen for sale since I joined retrobike, in fact other than mine I have only ever seen one other for sale full stop and it had been heavily re-welded and reshaped! Some things are capable of triggering an irrational change of priorities :p

Perceptive thinking Rob... :D

Jon, It would have be a self financing sort of a deal - nab the forks and flog everything else! You got any contacts East Anglia way?

Its the only other good condition one that I have seen for sale since I joined retrobike, in fact other than mine I have only ever seen one other for sale full stop and it had been heavily re-welded and reshaped!

Wow - nearly 4 years and the only other one you've seen some Bear had taken an angle grinder too...

Seriously what had they tried to do?

I'm well happy with mine now I've stripped it and started the clean. Those forks on that donor bike look good...

Good plan with get forks and selling rest mate, your soon have it built ;)

Update:

informed the wife I was retreating to the cave for a spot of furious polishing.. :D

below is the fruits of my labours. decals are holding up, so i might try a patch up job when the polishing is finished.

I might be wrong but this bike has had some serious Downhill use. There are an amazing amount of pock marks on the swingarm. I'm hoping it might have been a works bike...

I've been polishing with Autosol... given that the ends of the swingarm are anodized, how careful do I have to be on the anodized surfaces?

P1010031.jpg

P1010030.jpg

P1010029.jpg

update with a few pics... Frame is reassembled following full strip and clean... removed the BB and found it was a nice GT Ti unit, which was a bonus.

Got some Hope hydraulic brakes which will look the part and a trick derailleur (sorry for copying Rob!)

Forks are for illustration propping purposes only... really need a nice set of RC150's...

P1010111.jpg

P1010110.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010107.jpg

P1010092-1.jpg

P1010080.jpg

what rear mech is that ?

btw do you need another hope brake . i have an old hope mini with original lever from 11-12 years ago. it's on my current bike so if you want to do a swap from another brake let me know

It's an EGS rear mech... French manufactured (mid 90's). Very rare but really a piece of art. EGS went bust, but I believe Shimano picked up the patents...

I'll post some links when I get home.

Back