Poss FS: '91 Clockwork

ped

Dirt Disciple
I'm thinking of getting rid of my '91 Orange Clockwork—it's been with me since new, and the 'arse in the air and head down' riding position we rode back then just doesn't suit so well now, what with a few extra years under the belt, so I'm wondering if someone out there could give it a better home than I am.

It's a 17" frame, rigid Pace forks, DX/Campag wheels etc. currently set up as a singlespeed, although still have all the (DX) parts to gear it again.

It's 'honest' for its age. Ie. 16 years of fading, knocks, and scratches for all to see in its original matt orange finish, but is all straight and rides just fine.

Any interest? Any offers?

[Hopefully back in a min with some piccies]

- Pete

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

I'm West Berkshire/South Oxfordshire border—essentially an hour west of London.

- Pete

Come on, you can't sell a bike like that!

I do know what you mean though about the low front - for some reason, the head tube on the size 17 was very tiny, the same as the 15, and the 19 was a lot longer - so it was only the 17 that was low at the front relative to leg length. Still you've got a zero-rise stem and a flat bar, so you've got plenty of scope for changing the ride position to suit current needs.

Surely in a couple of years you'd regret selling it, wouldn't you?

dainesefreak is looking for one of those in a 17". I 'dibs' it for him!

If he doesnt want it, £125 + a bit for postage ok for you?

Thanks for that mate but I'm now sorted, so all yours. I bought the Torus from Wold Ranger in the end, nice bike it is too.

I'll now be hassling everyone for tarty red bits instead.;)

clockwork

if no one else wants her she's welcome to come and join the family, i have 3 of her sister waiting for a party, Drop me a PM with how much ya after i'm super interested
cheers Dave :D :D

Thanks for the response guys, both here and via PM.

I'm gonna think it over, then could be in touch.

- Pete

dainesefreak":29gwwqgq said:
Thanks for that mate but I'm now sorted, so all yours. I bought the Torus from Wold Ranger in the end, nice bike it is too.

I'll now be hassling everyone for tarty red bits instead.;)

Dave, I have some red bottle cage bolts cheap if you want them? I also have a pair of Hellbent "flat" 17 deg bars in red and a Rito 110mm/5deg red anodised stem.

Back