SPD cleats

cobblers last is what shoe repairers use. we've got one for fixing cleats for people after we've bikefitted them :) made of cast iron.

Hit them hard with a hammer.
It will usually break the head off the bolt and then you can unscrew the rest with pliers. Worked on my SHM210's.

just in case chris doesn't have enough options here's my tuppence worth...

assuming that the plate isn't removable or doesn't have a spare set of cleat holes which can be used (like a shimano shoe plate):
1 - get a small metal drill bit (2-3mm) and drill the centre of the bolt out
2 - use a larger drill bit to remove the bolt head (6mm or so), cleat should not pop off
3 - remaoned or bolt will be left in shoe but with a central holemaking it easier to undo with pilersof by jamming an allen key into it and turning (including the obligatory hitting with hammer here :LOL: )

If you do drill out the bolts remember to keep the drill bit & bolt cool with a few squirts of GT85 or similar as you go, they do get very hot and can melt the plastic shoe sole.

Try a torx bit thats slightly undersized. Belt it in hard .At a guess , maybe the t25 thats used for discs might work.

mattsccm":2qfo1oko said:
Try a torx bit thats slightly undersized. Belt it in hard .At a guess , maybe the t25 thats used for discs might work.

Yup, that's one of my faves, hammer in a slighter larger than required torx bit and try that.

Back