viking bicycle.

Goldie":1my8ded0 said:
I'd have that if I was on the right side of the Irish Sea - I lose all my critical faculties in the presence of 70's Vikings. I have kind of made a promise to myself to own a lightweight Wolverhampton built bike at some point to atone for my love of the hefty, middle of the range incarnation of the marque... :oops:

Not entirely true - Northern Irish Vikings did include a couple of Harry Quinn-designed racing models as featured on the Classic Rendezvous website, including a scarily close-coupled frame with an early incarnation of (almost) straight-bladed "power forks";

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Britis ... 0s_cat.htm

David

Lovely looking bikes those, the red one features in adverts in International Cycle Sport magazine.

But were they (the good ones that is) built in Ireland? Or by a reputable 'small builder' over here? The Viking team frames were.

I've a feeling that the sales manager at that time was Dave Rollinson (ex Liverpool Mercury CC and Peugeot) - and the 'image'on the front cover of the catalogue looks remarkably like him in a Mercury jersey!

However, as usual, I could be completely wrong. :roll:

Latest posts

Back