Tell me about Gazelle

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got a Gazelle CM on the way so I've been reading up on them in the usual places but there's not a great deal out there :?

I've heard a few people say that their not the most inspiring ride but a good all day in the saddle frame is that unfair :?:

There's somebody in our club with one so I'll be bending his ear this weekend but until then I'll rely on you lot to build up my excitement :LOL:

Pics of your pride and joy would be good to ;)

Cheers
Steve

i rode a gazelle sprinter for a few months on daily commute , lovelly bike , once the weather clears up i have a champion mondial to try , so roll on spring , or at least the ice stopping

I would say it is exactly the ride that made the Champion Mondials popular. Dutch are pragmatic people and generally spoken they consider a bike a tool, so the worksmanship is honest, but do not expect very refined or excessive detailing or frills. Personally I do appreciate the Dutch school graphics on the Gazelles.

Take a look overhere too >>> a Champion Mondial dedicated website compiled by enthousiast

Hey JVS, that is your website on fiets.nl.
Lovely stuff.
Never had a Gazelle myself, but in the 80s the majority of dutch (road) amateurs were riding Gazelles. Always fancied one of those TVM bikes. Have a friend who has got one of those titanium mtb's. Really high end stuff at the time.
Not sure about their current bikes though....

Here's mine from late 70s..
It rides like a dream - comfortable, swift, and precise. I LOVE it!!

DSCF1145.jpg

Thanks for the links :cool: thats a really nice looking bike Wired, lovely colour :)

Mine should be here next week hopefully, very excited now :LOL:

wired99":2b1dx7wi said:
Here's mine from late 70s..
It rides like a dream - comfortable, swift, and precise. I LOVE it!!
Nice bike indeed, but is it possibly a respray? Because these decals has been used at first in 1998.

Elev12k":rkxm8ekx said:
It is a respray in aquagroen and those decals were used since late 80s.

Upcoming edition of 'Stalen Ros' exhibition has a Champion Mondial theme :)

http://link.marktplaats.nl/404359101
Decals : Not according tot the official GAZELLE brochures, also published here.
''Stalen Ros'' : I saw the advertising pages and the picture from earlier exhibitions. Really very nice for the real retrobike lover. Possibly I am going there, withouth bike, I will wait for the Jan Janssen version :D

Back