Update..Cheque on way...got knocked off my bike

Re: got knocked off my bike

ernie":3aohz1zt said:
today at 17.45 whilst going through Plymouth city centre i got knocked off my newly sprayed kona by a bus driver, luckily he admitted he was too close and admitted it again to the Police Officer that turned up. The bike needs new mudguards, helmet nice battle scar front right corner{kissing the tarmac}, gloves ripped, cycling leggings, cheapy karrimor £6 special{ mums going to go mad :LOL: :LOL: } ripped Also my seiko watch smashed glass and bezel. Me i escaped with rightside abrasions, they will be lovely colour within next 24 hours . Paramedics/Police good as gold.

Any body had this done to them, what are the insurance companies like to get your gear replaced, i am NOT going to kick the arse with the claim just want my stuff replaced like for like

Iam here and ok :D , bit pissed off/dented, managed to ride for another 5 miles home

keep on riding
Ernie

I am very sorry to hear that, and I KNOW the city centre can be a disaster zone for cyclists, but the bus that caused your fall, wasn't a First Direct Ugo bus was it ?

But, if the bus was too close, as is likely,( I got forced off by a bus up at Exeter st roundabout, was wearing a biker jacket at the time, so no impact injury beyond ripped jacket), it is time those scrotes learned, ask the plod what they are going to do about it, seeing as the driver had admitted he was too close. Got to teach motorists bike need room on the road.

silverclaws":6uiqcdp0 said:
ernie":6uiqcdp0 said:
today at 17.45 whilst going through Plymouth city centre i got knocked off my newly sprayed kona by a bus driver, luckily he admitted he was too close and admitted it again to the Police Officer that turned up. The bike needs new mudguards, helmet nice battle scar front right corner{kissing the tarmac}, gloves ripped, cycling leggings, cheapy karrimor £6 special{ mums going to go mad :LOL: :LOL: } ripped Also my seiko watch smashed glass and bezel. Me i escaped with rightside abrasions, they will be lovely colour within next 24 hours . Paramedics/Police good as gold.

Any body had this done to them, what are the insurance companies like to get your gear replaced, i am NOT going to kick the arse with the claim just want my stuff replaced like for like

Iam here and ok :D , bit pissed off/dented, managed to ride for another 5 miles home

keep on riding
Ernie

I am very sorry to hear that, and I KNOW the city centre can be a disaster zone for cyclists, but the bus that caused your fall, wasn't a First Direct Ugo bus was it ?

But, if the bus was too close, as is likely,( I got forced off by a bus up at Exeter st roundabout, was wearing a biker jacket at the time, so no impact injury beyond ripped jacket), it is time those scrotes learned, ask the plod what they are going to do about it, seeing as the driver had admitted he was too close. Got to teach motorists bike need room on the road.

Yes it was a first direct single decker, the WPC at the scene told me she was going to be reporting the driver for driving with undue care, i have rang the claims line to register the accident, somebody will be ringing me in the next 24 hours

Thanks for the local support bud

Knew it !

First bloody direct again, the worst drivers on the road and even one of their drivers said First Direct takes the drivers that fail with the much better City bus.

And I have my suspicions about just how road worthy their buses are.

I hate First Direct with a passion, and their customer care line leaves a lot to be desired.

But very sorry you had to come that close to them.

But edited to add, if it is found that the driver was negligent, look into the criminal injuries compensation scheme CICA, but I suspect the bus insurers should shell out hefty for a bus hitting a cyclist.

ernie":18csdb71 said:
helmet nice battle scar front right corner{kissing the tarmac}

Make sure a new helmet goes on the claim, it might look like just a scar from the outside but who know's what damage it's done to the structure of it.
Glad to hear you're ok though, as said above cyclist v bus doesn't often end that well.
Good to hear the driver has admitted it as well, though if he knew he was too close then he should have done something about it at the time rather than just admitting it afterwards :roll:

You need to ensure that any settlement leaves a door open for later complications arising from the incident that weren't apparent at the time.

I nearly got taken out today. A guy pulled out on me as I came round a roundabout today while looking me right in the eyes. What a moron.

Good luck with sorting this all out.

Latest posts

Back