Pace RC500 (Nearly, Nearly finished!)

Yeah just like those...

If I had the cash, I'd take this now.... Forks, wheels, brakes would be an excellent start...

Be a shame to split though, someone should take it on and make a really nice bike of it...

rear wheels useless to you from what I can see. Those forks do belong on an RC500 though.

rear wheels useless to you from what I can see. Those forks do belong on an RC500 though.

Whoops... haven't looked that closely. I'll defo be needing your help Rob!

Update on RC500 project...

First chance I've had to look at the bike today (work commitments etc...). Anyway I've stripped out the rear swingarm and suspension linkages for cleaning... Photo's below.

Interesting finds include the number 18 hand etched on the CNC rocker that attaches to the swingarm and the fact that the linkage setup is a CNC work of art...

I'm pleasantly surprised by condition. Photo's below are warts and all - but I'm convinced it will clean up into a really nice bike... Main bushes are a little notchy - so may investigate replacement...

I'm hoping Gil can reproduce stickers for me - then I can get to work polishing that swingarm!

I need to work out exactly how the suspension linkage works - I'm sure Rob could tell me but it's easier to see when you can actually bounce on it!

Stripped Frame -

PaceRC5001.jpg

Hand etched number -

PaceNo18.jpg

Quality...

PaceRC500Decal3.jpg

The swing arm separated from the rocker...

PaceRC500Linkage.jpg

Another gratuitous frame shot...

PaceRC5003.jpg

The Rocker...

PaceRC500Rocker.jpg

The link...

PaceRC500Link.jpg

Shock, Rocker and link in situ (prior to strip).

PaceRC500Shock.jpg

Linkage and Bracket

PaceRC500Linkagearrangement.jpg

Business end of the swing arm...

PaceRC500Swingarm2.jpg

Swingarm

PaceRC500Swingarm3.jpg

Swing arm front...

PaceRC500Swingarm4.jpg

Tensioner Bracket (Heading your way Rob :D )

PaceRC500TensionerBracket2.jpg

Tensioner Part deux (1 bolt removed)

PaceRC500TensionerBracket.jpg

Hmmmmmm... Can Gil do these....?

PaceSwingarmDecal.jpg

Fox Shock dirty...

FoxVanillaDirty.jpg

Fox Shock clean...

FoxVanillaClean.jpg

and reassembled...

FoxVanilla2.jpg

And finally, How cool does this look... :D :D :D (apart from the saddle!)

pace-rc500f2-3q-10065.jpg

I've only seen one of these once in the flesh.Just as it was released i was in the lbs when a rep brought it over :cool:

Can i ask how much?? :D

Thanks Spudgun... might be a suitable donor... Not much on it apart from the forks that I'd want to use, but might make a good splitter depending on what it goes for...

Anyone in the east Anglia area that might be able to collect and post for me?

Back