The useful things thread

Berkshire Cycles in Crowthorne on the high street. Been using them for years always willing to offer discounts and generally a good bunch.
Close to Swinley Forest (less than a 10 minute drive) and open Sundays too.

Carl.

Useful things

Following the post on here I took my 93 kHs frame to JR finishright in Horsham. Great job, blasted and powder coated for £40.

BobCatMax":lupas2xa said:
excellent. not often one of my suggestions actually works

OK Will add a few:

Baker Street Bikes www.bakerstbikes.co.uk - friendly and helpful and helped me out loads in the past few years. I walk past other bike shops to get there.

Anodizing company - 10, Dyke Road Mews, Dyke Rd, Brighton. Another helpful lot if you erm, well, need some ano.

OT > BobCatMax: recovering ok?

This thread is lacking cake stops. I'll start.

'The Steyning Tea Rooms' 32 High Street, Steyning, West Sussex BN44 3YE
01903 810064 - not too far from South Downs Way and good Food

Carats Cafe Basin Road South, Southwick, BN41 1WF 01273 430 924 - note from A259 you have to cross the lock near Nautilus Hse: 90 – 100 Albion Street Southwick

http://www.southdownsway-hikersrest.com/ - Sadlescombe Farm, SDW. Good reports from those that spend more time eating cake than on a bike, but not been there yet. Check opening times.

Ditchling Tea Rooms‎ 6-8 West Street Hassocks, West Sussex BN6 8TS, United Kingdom 01273 842 708 (It is very much in Ditchling - opp the church)

Would be good to find others, whether on road or off. Pref your favourites, but also if you know of a few 'useful to know about' ones if people need them. If they are the sort of place that can consistently ruin toast, perhaps best not mentioned ;)

Back