lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
For some people its a Klein. For others a Fat. As much as i like and respect the top brands I have always had a soft spot for KHS.

When i was about 13 acouple of guys started a bike shop in a corner of a car showroom in the small town I grew up in. They moved onto bigger and better things and i believe one of the guys went on to the worlds to race downhill.

Anyway, i was impressionable and Manic Mountain Bikes sold KHS. I wanted one. I convinced my dad to buy himself one in 93 - he took the summit model and he and i both loved it.

Upon finding this site I decided to relive my childhood dream and own a high end KHS. I bought and built a 93 Montana Pro which I have loved for the past year or so but I recently had the opportunity to purchace the Team model. This all came about from a throwaway comment I made on a thread on this very forum. A few PM's were made and soon enough the bike was mine.

Thanks to Rob aka GoldeneraMTB for your patience and generosity.

I intend on subjecting the bike to a full rebuild to the very best of my abilities. I want this to be a pretty much catalogue build. It will take a good while as it is all M900 xtr. I'm more an xt/lx kinda guy so it'll take a while to get the cash together.

Not to worry though. the bike came complete so i can ride as is and carry out a rolling restoration.

first pictures

25rmbk3.jpg

Seems to be fine but not ridden it. When the restoration propper starts i might get a certain fluffychicken to strip them down

What mechs and chainset on it now Dave??

Looking forward to this build :cool: :cool:

M900 rear mech 737 front and cranks.

Initial plan was to build and run it as it came to me. It would be an occasional rider but would be rideable none the less. This would be possible as i've built a diamond back as a winter beater. I'm now letting my mate have that now so the new plan is to have this as my winter beater .

To that end i'll be running it singlespeed, probably rigid, and with a cheaper set of wheels.

Sorry for the long winded reply. I'm starting to get excited now!

Vulture :LOL: :LOL:

Nice bike fella,, be looking forward to seeing that built :) , quite fancy a KHS in the new year.. :)

not just yet dude.

heres the scan from the 93 catalogue. itdentical to this bike bar the colour.

98wvv9.jpg

I remember that colour scheme really well and must admit I'd love to own one of these in that colourway.. :) Looks like I'll have to re-align the radar again :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back