"THE CHRISTMAS GUT BUSTER" JANUARY THE 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any pics from the recce guys?

What are the climbs like? Any huge hills? Im thinking of bringing the Klunker along if its not too bad.

Dr S":2gmlyuq3 said:
Any pics from the recce guys?

What are the climbs like? Any huge hills? Im thinking of bringing the Klunker along if its not too bad.

no pics as its a secret the loop where doing and no real hills its thetford think small 100 yard bumps ;) all il say is the loop is very flowy smooth with only a couple of fire roads :cool: :D

eh??!!! what'd you mean 'no hills'? i know they're not up to yorkshire standard, but i distinctly remember riding up hill long enough to brake a sweat & my thighs to explode.......... must have been at least 300 yrds! :?
i'll get me coat................

it was a sneaky beaky type recce, no time for pics ;)

Dr S":2ahc49jv said:

A Klunker would be a hoot around Thetford Forest. It may be flat but makes up for it with tight twisty fast singletrack. There are a few gentle long hills but nothing more than that. You will find that you go flat-out all day and that is what makes it so tiring riding there.

Here is a video I shot back in May on part of the Red Route. The quality is not brilliant as it was shot holding my phone in my hand whilst trying to steer and brake with the other. It will give you a flavour of what Thetford has to offer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Zp6eMJpJ4

hopefully:

say_fromage_214.jpg

Hi Guys, looking to announce this ride officially in the next few days. As CK is out the country very soon, would you be kind enough to fill I the blanks for the annoucement? Any extra pictures would also be most welcome.

Much appreciated if you could.

The Anglian and Lincolnshire Group is proud to present...

The Retrobike Thetford Classic 2011

Round 2 Of The Retrobike National Event Series with support from

:: Date: Sunday 23rd of Januray 2011
:: Distance/time:
:: Meeting at:
:: Directions:
:: Terrain:
:: Route:

Last year over 20 people turned out for some great riding around the trails of Thetford. MBR magazine also turned out on their old school machinery and covered the ride in their magazine.

sdc10396_w800_h600_197.jpg

Neill, John and Jango took on the Thetford trails for last years MBR magazine shoot.

Myself, Lou74 and MikeC, plus any others that may care to join us, are going to re-recce the route tomorrow. Will have more details of the intended days events for you then.

REKIBorter":2xy41ynw said:
Myself, Lou74 and MikeC, plus any others that may care to join us, are going to re-recce the route tomorrow. Will have more details of the intended days events for you then.
Many thanks, looking forward to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back