The Retrobike National Event Series 2010/11

FluffyChicken":n86mrmp2 said:
Be nice to live down Hereford/Worcester way with the majority of them on your doorstep.

Surly with 7 area's then there should have been one in each area ?
A bit disappointing really.

Eh? Are you looking at a different calendar?

One is in the Lakes, One in Scotland, One in Derbyshire, another in the Anglian and Lincs area.... hardly on the doorstep of the Hereford border last time I looked at a map.

Would it be better for you if all 7 rounds were in Humberside Ben?

Dr S say's there are hills up near him too.

Oh, the irony! We have put plenty of rides on in up this way, non of whch you attended as 'They were too far away' :roll:

Dr S":3cqk3i0z said:
FluffyChicken":3cqk3i0z said:
Be nice to live down Hereford/Worcester way with the majority of them on your doorstep.

Surly with 7 area's then there should have been one in each area ?
A bit disappointing really.

Eh? Are you looking at a different calendar?

One is in the Lakes, One in Scotland, One in Derbyshire, another in the Anglian and Lincs area.... hardly on the doorstep of the Hereford border last time I looked at a map.

Would it be better for you if all 7 rounds were in Humberside Ben?

Dr S say's there are hills up near him too.

Oh, the irony! We have put plenty of rides on in up this way, non of whch you attended as 'They were too far away' :roll:

Money is what wipes out the distance to travel for me, £30 to £50 in petrol for a round trip means a substantial chunk of the weekly budget has gone, but that's another story and my problem.

The last part was to get one in the NE area, that's, all given you had mentioned distance, the scots will have another closer one.

Off to put them in to Google maps again :s....

4 of the 8 planned ride are down that area, the rest are then spread out.

It just seems to me that given there are seven areas, then there should be one in each. The two specials they can do what they like.

I am just commenting, so there is some feedback ffs. If we all said f'all then sod all would ever happen or change and given the two specials are close to each other then in my opinion Cannock and Dean should be ripped out the calendar and given to South East or North East.
I know these are much further for you than me, it just remarkably centralised around that area.
I'm not even saying I would get to the other rides, just wish to include a wider population, given these are the 'series' rides.
Again, just my opinion giving a bit of feedback.

It's just a bit of fun on old bikes and I'm sure people will enjoy it.

P.S. No such place as Humberside, abolished some 14 years ago :roll:

Ok Ben, thanks for your feedback.

Just a small point- NE section does have an event on the National Calendar- The Big Dirty Weekender on 22-24 July.

There is also a seventh round yet to be decided, I'm sure that your thoughts will be taken into consideration.

Got to say Ben i'm a bit miffed at your comments, I've genuinely tried to give as much regional diversity as possible. I know the two special events at HoNC and Mayhem are in a very similar area but thats why they are special events and not part of the calendar.

I understand your comment about 7 areas and seven events but the facts are that not all areas are established enough to pull off an event with 35 plus riders. That is why the cream of the events has been chosen, these are established events with great turnouts and the rides are to an extremely high standard.

I understand that travelling about is expensive, I can't help that. All I can suggest is you chip in with fellow RB'ers in your area and all make a saving.

Ben, car sharing is the way forward, i and other macretros do detour a fair distance to pick each other up for rides, there is no way I could afford it otherwise. You do need to be brass necked about it though, a case of you don't ask you don't get.

That being said no one is expected to attend every national although it would be nice, (distance rules out most for me).
Supporting your local rides and building the area group is much more important. Build it and they will come.
Also organising local rides has the benefit of you being able to put them within travelling distance suited to your finances.

Like I say, I'm just giving feedback and I'm sure they will be great event for the people who can attend.

Yes we can car share and we do, we do ride local (but they are not allowed to be advertised) and we do ride and intend to ride the regional as and when possible. Dr S has set out a good plan on that.

EDIT I do understand you can only put on events people are willing to put on and I hope this year the rides and events grow like they have done previous.

Great idea :cool:

...and the Cannock ride gives me a deadline to get my CAAD2 completed, thanks!

great spread of rides and hope to make at least one sortie down south but can tell you now, the Drumlanrigg one will be one not to miss- I'm going to bring lots of whisky ;)

Back