My ALAN Frame

dnrc

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all, obviously i'm new here. I've got a couple of road bikes already but recently wanted to build something with some proper style. So I bought this:

I have a groupset ready to go on it and some wheels on the way.

Firstly i just want to check that i'm ok to polish up the lugs, i know the tubes are anodised so i can't touch them but the lugs and head tube are fair game for shining up a bit arent they?

DSCN0426.JPG

You can polish the lugs,no problem,might be worth checking for any hairline cracks whilst your at it,not likely on your frame as it's a later model :D

Cool, will get some autosol on them. Need some to do the groupset anyway.

It's a 12/94 The frame is in great condition, Lugs will come up great with some polish, there are a few minor scrapes on a couple of tubes but don't think anything can be done about them. Barely noticeable anyway.

I have a Daytona groupset ready to go on. It's not quite period correct but the bike is to be ridden and I wanted ergo shifters and stuff that's going to be easier to get parts for.

DSCN0432.JPG

The wheels are daytona hubs on mavic reflex rims. Will have them tuesday.

Aiming for a modern ride with a sympathetic retro look.

Need bars and seatpost next and then all the little bits and pieces.

Hopefully it will be ready for spring.

Try and track down a pair of blue Open Pro rims / wheels which will look really nice. I would also examine the forks carefully - I had an Alan will the alloy forks and they suddenly went 'soft' as I was riding along - headed for home and dropped the forks to investigate - the steerer was cracked most of the way round.

Wow, what a cool frame. What sort of age is it?

Can't wait to see the finished item.

What bars and saddle have you got planned?

Back