Sun Worksop restoration (singlespeed)

elPedro666":29ry8fhr said:
Dead Rats":29ry8fhr said:
A very nice ride it is too! 52/20 gives me a 70.4" ratio which is a good all-rounder IMO

oooo me knees!
Sounds a bit massive to me, but that spider's far to nice to change :cool: Plus you've got a lot more leverage than me... :oops: :LOL:

70" is perfect for road, my Orbita is about 68" and handles shopping & errands no worries. Admittedly a bit tough on some hills but any lower and you wouldn't get anywhere :p

Really pretty bike. I've got the same chainring and cranks on my Viscount. Was going to swap it out but it suits older frames so well :)

If you slather that saddle in clear shoe polish, and I mean totally slather it top and bottom, it'll come up nearly like new again. My ancient Brooks looked a bit like that but after a polish it came up really nice:

IMG_6138.JPG

Well worth the effort :)

That's turned out lovely - also, if you're out of clear shoe polish, Black & White's hair pomade does the job well...(I used to have a spectacular quiff and hence always carried the stuff with me)

I particularly like the before and after shot of the wheels - the definition of hard work in two photos!

playford":38b19obe said:
what did you use to clean the wheels up?

Lots of Elbow Grease™ with Muc-Off, wire brush inside the rims, wire wool elsewhere, rinse off then polish with Autosol or Brasso :LOL:

jCymbal":5h3a7qq0 said:
Dead Rats":5h3a7qq0 said:
my Orbita is about 68"...

Orbita? The Portuguese brand Orbita? Is there a picture? I'd love to see it!

it's just a hack, a very basic frame... but it's been my trusty donkey for the last two or three years!

15741_238084581170_586536170_4797853_3751394_n.jpg

Jonny69":2nx4ttct said:
Really pretty bike. I've got the same chainring and cranks on my Viscount. Was going to swap it out but it suits older frames so well :)

If you slather that saddle in clear shoe polish, and I mean totally slather it top and bottom, it'll come up nearly like new again. My ancient Brooks looked a bit like that but after a polish it came up really nice:

IMG_6138.JPG

Well worth the effort :)

Looks ace! I've given mine 10 Proofide treatments so far, still a bit 'crusty' but it was very nasty before... I will give your trick a go, cheers! :cool:

Back