What to weigh?

Tnega

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
As a noob here am wondering if you weigh the clamps and bolts etc with the likes of the stems and seatposts?

You weigh whatever originally came with it, otherwise explicitly say what is not there or what has changed.

e.g.

Syncros Cattleprod 1991 1-1/8" 135mm Zero Rise
281g

with Ti bolt replacements (name if known) 273g

with no bolt 250g

So basically up to you just be as detailed as possible.

Years can be important, for instance in the syncros stems, as they changed design's yearly etc..
Steerer tube lengths on forks add weight so worth mentioning that.
Also worth mentioning the seatpost diameter and length, again year if known as they too would change but be under the same name.

If you don't know, then no harm in posting a small picture

Though 'gump' is the moderator here so I guess ask him.

Cool.
Thanks for the concise guidelines.
I best get the bathroom scales out for my stuff.

dont forget when weighing a bike to include pedals . there are lots of weight conscious people with expensive scooters :LOL:

bathroom scales will be too imprecise for small parts . best get some nice digital kitchen ones ( never could find where mine disappeared to ) you cant expect something that can tell you your 18 stone to accurately do 180g too

Physical exercise is important for maintaining physical fitness and can contribute positively to maintaining a healthy weight, building and maintaining healthy bone density. Another thing is that there is require to maintain the health and follow the diet method.

stanelyshane":20el24pm said:
Physical exercise is important for maintaining physical fitness and can contribute positively to maintaining a healthy weight, building and maintaining healthy bone density. Another thing is that there is require to maintain the health and follow the diet method.

I agree but what has that got to do with weighing bike parts?

tintin40":2w5g1e42 said:
stanelyshane":2w5g1e42 said:

Ooh, ooh, i know, pick me *puts hand up and jumps around*

Is it, "F**k" all?

mikeekim89":39n09vkc said:
tintin40":39n09vkc said:
stanelyshane":39n09vkc said:

Ooh, ooh, i know, pick me *puts hand up and jumps around*

Is it, "F**k" all?

:LOL:

Back