1940's Raleigh with 531 tubing?? What would that be?

Re: Lenton.

roadking":32jxob6m said:
We're all rather gullible these days, marketing has usurped product - why we get these awful bicycle frames from the far east.

Why do you think bicycle frames come in small medium and large with the super fashionable sloping top tubes and lots of seat post extension?
Unlike the two sizes (21" and 23") most of these Raleighs came in in the post-war years?

;)

Re: Lenton.

one-eyed_jim":1n07kkg9 said:
roadking":1n07kkg9 said:
We're all rather gullible these days, marketing has usurped product - why we get these awful bicycle frames from the far east.

Why do you think bicycle frames come in small medium and large with the super fashionable sloping top tubes and lots of seat post extension?
Unlike the two sizes (21" and 23") most of these Raleighs came in in the post-war years?

;)

Quality that is ;)

On cyclo topic.... I rode my RSW into town today, And saw a late 40's JAMES, locked up... Realy beaten up old thing but looked as if it was looked after mechanically.

Sporting cyclo benelux gears. The first time ive seen them in real life...

Was tempted to leave a note on the bike asking if they would sell , But didnt have a pen and paper , and the people in the shop were looking at me funny,... probably thought i was gonna pinch it :roll:

Parts wise this project is coming along.... Just ask my ebay account haha...

Just need to find a frame and forks of the right vintage to bolt it all to now lol

Back