Cambridge/Suffolk

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi Folks,

In a couple of weeks I am moving either Bury St Edmunds or Cambridge (to work in Cambridge) and I am keen before I move to get up to date with what’s on offer LBS wise and trails wise.

Do any of you know the area? If so pointers would be good and also areas to live (some insider knowledge rather than estate agent lies – sorry any off you who are estate agents!)

Many thanks folks,

Mark

:D :D :D

Bury St Edmunds is not far from Theford Forest, plenty of trails there. Not sure about Cambridge never ridden that way.

bury st edmunds is a great little town! nowt in the wise off bikes shops thou,has a scummy cycle king, and another little shopw with some nicer parts (fogot the name)

cambridge is flat as tallpaul says, so have to go to thetford or brandon forrest for some great cycling,

there is a few memebers on here now from cambridge so sure if you get stuck we can help ya out.

:D

Once I've moved (early December) I would be keen to get out riding ASAP - so any offers etc nearer the time would be good. :D

I knew Cambridge was flat but it will give my knees a rest - am in the process of completing a 700c fixie - so lack of hills on commute will be good!

:D :D :D :D

Mark

BstE is a bit far from Cambridge on a daily commute, but it is a lovely place and is a chunk cheaper than Cambridge - where you going to be working?

pete_mcc":1hojqzl7 said:
BstE is a bit far from Cambridge on a daily commute, but it is a lovely place and is a chunk cheaper than Cambridge - where you going to be working?

A girl who works with me commutes from Ipswich :shock:

pete_mcc":263zewl2 said:

NHS in Fulbourn. 52 mile round trip - ouch :shock:

Maybe possible by train and bike?

Back