What's the best bike thing you ever purchased?

There's a few really.

Pace RC36 forks. 10 years of hard labour and still loving every minute.

Onza H.O. Ti pedals. Just love 'em.

Rohloff SLT99 chain. The only chain I haven't snapped. Worth every penny.

XTR M900 rear mech. Can't believe I still hammer the same one after call these years!

Ritchey Logic forks in A-head, Magura rim brakes, Conti tyres, Hope hubs, USE seat pin, Bullseye kit, Shimano spd m-737 when they first came out as never like toe straps.
Oh and buying a mtb back in the late 80's

*holds breath for non-retro-gnashing-of-teeth*

Attachments

• new frame.jpg
    new frame.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,122
rumpfy":1i2i5n2y said:
the first generation gray/tan Shimano mtb shoes with the two velcro straps.

Was just thinking about my SPuD shoes.
I've has my Shimano shoes for about 10/12 years now. I think their M110. Shimano did a pair of black/blue ones, which I have, with 3 velcro straps and a pair of black/orange ones with 2 velcro strap (M210 I think).

Mine have been flawless :D ; bit like the SPuDs I love!!

I'll be shot but I'm afraid Decent flat pedals (Easton cully's) and Riser bars were a revelation :)
second to this I'd say my Turner frame (7 years old and going strong) and a set of RF turbines I've had forever.
I do love my Orange Vitamin T but it's been cracked and repaired so not sure if it counts, its sentimental value is huge though so I guess it does.

I still remember walking in to Bromley Bike in 94 with £1400 in hard cash, and walking out with the Yo-eddy Frame, Manitou 3's and syncros Stem and Seat post, GF close behind shaking head. :)

1. M737 Spds & the grey Shimano shoes with the double velcro closure - allowed the most AMAZING bike control! Still going strong (the pedals not the shoes).

2. Deore XT STI Rapidfire - changing gear in the air rules !

3. Roberts White Spider - the Perfect fit & the sweetest handling....

4. Pace RC35 forks (first generation) - show me the downhill!

5. Bullet Bros chain roller - I would probably have won the '94 Junior DH National Champs if i'd bought this sooner and my chain hadn't come off (honest!)

Back