Peugeot 531c, oh no Actually it is a Carrera!!!

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
No pics yet, the frame is getting a little bit of titivation at the powder coaters.

It was grey metallic, 531c tubing and lugged. There is some evidence of chroming on the fork and the rear chain stays, but these have become very pitted and rough.

There used to be a name on the top tube, near the seat cluster, beggining with a A folllowed by an o or u but this was badly scratched.
Peugeot in an italic style on the down tube.

A campagnolo Athena front mech was fitted, band on type.

There are no micro adjusters on the drop outs, just an MTB style fixed drop out.

Has anyone got any ideas which era? I am guessing early to mid 90's given the type face of the stickers.

BTW it is being coated in old english white (slighty cream colour) and will be built up with a 105 mix groupset and down tube shifters once it comes back.

Pics asap.

Thanks for that, the 1988 Aravis looks closest, but the colour is wrong. I guess colours are no hard and fast rule!

Interesting catalogues though, would I be right to belive that the Comete and Fibre carbone models are re badged Vitus'?

Pics of my Peugeot. I particularly like the lug work.

The French 531 sticker was a real find though!

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,247
Thanks for the comments guys, going to get on with this now as I have almost finished packing everything away from the move.

Watch this space! :)

Got some interesting work done on this...

Haing checked out the frame as much as I can I have determined it is not a Peugeot!
At some point it was repainted and stickered as a Peugeot for whatever reason, It fell on hard times and I got it for a song.

I have identified it as a Carrera, the rear dropouts cable stops and run and BB shell are the same as on a Carrera Monza I saw. The tubing would be 531 if it were a Monza or 501 if it is an Epic.

So, given it's identity has been cleared up I thought I'd post some pics of the finished article.

Attachments

• Carrera 1991 001.jpg
    Carrera 1991 001.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,815
Back