How important are......

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
other people to ride with. I found that riding off road as a group is far more fun and important.
But when i ride on the road its better on my own. Have other found this?

I like a mixture. Maybe one ride a week with people and one solo. I definately like riding off road solo.

But then it's time and place isn't it. Bit of this, bit of that.

I also like a combo, I like to go out on group rides, but get a bit of me time too. I usually do this by pretending im much slower than I really am and hang out at the back...

It also depends on the other riders too, i used to ride with one lad who was so scared he wouldnt even do slight inclines, then another lad who i rode with used to spliff up and was off in his own little world like a man possessed and no one could catch him.

At the moment i ride on my own as im trying to regain a little fitness so i need to pace myself.

I prefer solo riding offroad, it allows me an unpressured "my paced" ramble along my intended route. When i ride with others i always find a sense of feeling asthough i have to compete developing. (or in my case keep up :p)

it really does depend on who you're with doesn't it (or who they're with in case of you... :D

I have ridden with some right chiefs in the past. People that seem to enjoy leaving stragglers to find their own way out of woods they have never seen before let alone ridden in.

But then I'm sure there have been rides where people didn't get along with me and gone home thinking "not again" - in fact I know of one f those a few months ago. :oops:

Most important thing I think is to make ALL the people feel welcome and look after them. If it's 'your' ride, then you are responsible.

Some people you just gel with don't you. Like riding solo but with someone else.

Those are special riding partners. Soul riders.

"But then I'm sure there have been rides where people didn't get along with me and gone home thinking "not again" - in fact I know of one f those a few months ago. "

Yeh, I know what you mean. I got that feeling everytime I crashed they stopped and laughed - at the last Peaks ride for instance.

Gus.

;)

(joking)

I didn't laugh at you did I?

I thought i just laughed at Kev. Ha ha, he did look funny though with that flouro grin.

I accidentally got a mate run over once. I shouted 'Go' and he ran straight out in front of a taxi that sent him flying over the bonnet.

For 15 years I let him believe I shouted "don't go' and insisted he mis-heard me. :oops: That's bad karma coming right there.

Best bit was that his dad went into teh taxi office the next day and none of tehm owned up and when asked again with a copper there, one of them said, "oh yeah, i do remember running a 14yr old boy over yesterday now, yeah".

classic. (and bad). :oops:

It wasn't on purpose. I promise.

Bit of both.
When I used to race, I would always ride solo for training runs. But now, as I'm not training for anything particular, I like a mixture of both.
Sometimes, I just like to go at my own pace and enjoy the peace and quiet. Other times, its nice to have someone to push you just that little bit harder.
Having said, when I stacked and broke myself and my bike, it was nice to have someone to pick me up and put me in the car to go to hospital! :LOL:

Gus.

You also laughed at poor TinTin. Sprawled over the rocks, Trimble resting on its side. On top of Tin Tin.

Then you laughed at him again when he lobbed that rock (head bounced off) down the hill towards the road.

You are evil incarnate :LOL:

Back