Dunkers big bad build thread

not slicks but I have been running commuter tyres in the snow with a smooth but horizontally ribbed central section and only knobblies at the sides and it has been pretty good as it grips but doesn't pick up the snow so much.

the biggest issue is needing to fit my disc brake which will rule me out of any chance of winning the weight weenie stakes, this is an alternative sliverclaws found but I think Velo and Dr S mentioned it too...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Pop-Riv ... Road-Bike/

Cannae believe how much time I'm wasting on these brake levers :eek: I have a feeling the £4.91 levers will be shite. Really want some SS5's and even have a NOS pair on the cupboard but they are for another build. Also considering fitting CX levers 89gm a pair :eek: A pair of Ritcheys would be tickety boo aesthetic wise too. Need to see mikee's DB modded ones. Couple of pairs Kooka's on ebay as well. Hmmmm :? I'm off to weigh bottom brackets!

Cup and cone BB should weigh least as they have no sleeve plus I'm sure they could be engineered lighter still ;)

Still no bike so no build, mind you too cold to go into the sheds :roll:

big.eck":u96xwd8r said:
what are the ss5 levers worth k ? :D

I was offered a set of minters for 20euro posted from holland. I didnae mind if they aren't perfect. You got some?

on wifeys pc at the moment ,mines downloading upgrades or summat

so will post some pics later on
i'll try and get to those db levers K they're on christine at the moment

got me crank spider sorted so acera's are go
made (so as not to piss off velo by buying something) a seat clamp
front cable hanger (so i can run cantis ) and a stem cap
got the stem weight down from 141g to 128g with a bit of chiseling
and was dissapointed to find my 140 gram bars weigh 180 grams
but they're a bit wide so i'll cut some grammage off

tomorrow will sort out my cantis , my machine tech inspired ones
will be finished off and fitted ,maybe

Back