2005 Tomac Taos **Revamp in Progress**

Update

Fitted bars, seatpost, disc brakes, etc. Touched up a few scuffs on the Fox Forks. Peugeot Platinum Silver by the way, excellent match but still needs a quick rub with some compound. Can't get Fox original paint for these anymore, phoned Mojo and this is what they recommended.

DSCF1166.jpg

DSCF1164.jpg

DSCF1163.jpg

DSCF1162.jpg

DSCF1161.jpg

Still waiting on the XT Shifters, Discs and some hose guide clamps for the top tube. Fit the chain, tinker with the gears and away to go. Bike fits me :cool:

Shifters arrived and stuck on.

DSCF1182.jpg

Still waiting on the Discs and Hose Guides :(

Here's the before pic

DSCF0735.jpg

Here's now

DSCF1183.jpg

Yep agree with you, really nice frame and it no longer looks like a jump bike :)

Here's the discs and hose guides fitted

Just the chain and some spd's left to stick on

DSCF1192.jpg

DSCF1191.jpg

Nice build Gadro.

Was once tempted to buy that frame off CRC way back in 2005 i think. It was either that or a Scott Racing Comp frameset. Opted for the Scott in small. That Tomac would have looked great! :)

Still haven't finished this yet never mind ride it :( My eyes have fallen on something else that is going to leave my GDP something akin to the UK's

Will try to get a chain and some spd's on this by the weekend and possibly even get it DIRTY :shock:

Lovely frame. i use to own it's brutish brother the omen. i could see that frame all polished up with purplely bits. ya know, like a modern manitou hardtail build. i mean, this is what the manitou should have been like from the start really.

Back