XIZANG completed

demianmatthews

Dirt Disciple
Finally I´ve completed my xizang proyect and I want to share some pictures, and to hear some opinions about this bike.

05122010563x.jpg

05122010564x.jpg

Frame, lovely.

XTR bits, nice, grey works well.

Wheels, not my personal taste/choice, but ok.

Forks, red looks seriously out of place, and WOW! that steerer tube, please chop it down a few inches!

Pickle":37igwguf said:
Frame, lovely.

Forks, red looks seriously out of place, and WOW! that steerer tube, please chop it down a few inches!

I agree. Please chop that steerer tube. If you need the bar that high, put on a Riser bar.

A first generation set of CrossMax's would definitely improve the aesthetics of this bike

Dhphat":3u0i2ajt said:
Pickle":3u0i2ajt said:
Frame, lovely.

I agree. Please chop that steerer tube. If you need the bar that high, put on a Riser bar.

A first generation set of CrossMax's would definitely improve the aesthetics of this bike

and be just as fragile

I like it, though I wonder if the frame is a bit small for you; is it?

GoldenEraMTB":dowa9bt3 said:
I like it, though I wonder if the frame is a bit small for you; is it?

I did wonder that myself, but looking at the seatpost it doesnt seen too high. Its just the amount of steerer tube that make it a seem a small frame.

love the colour and attention to detail.

Understand the steerer being so tall being 6ft 3 myself

wheels..I personally am not keen but then again I prefer spokes on bikes

beyond that you built it the way you wanted so fair play and well done

Thanks for all the comments, I´ve tried tu build this bike following three rules or concept lines, first: it must be a usable bike (thats why the long steerer tube, if I chop it down it will be very uncomfortable to ride since the frame is too long), second: Use the most vintage parts that i can get (only pedals, saddle, and skewers are alittle bit modern than the rest of the bike.
and three: use the mos Ti parts that i can get (Ti frame, Ti bottle cage, Ti Skewers, Ti seatpost, Ti stem, Ti Handlebar,Ti saddle rails, Ti fork springs and the larger three cogs are also Ti made.

Why not get a higher rise stem and then that will allow you to trim the steerer down? I think it will make the whole look of the bike a lot better.

Latest posts

Back