anybody rode a scapin

Is that the Scapin for sale on LFGSS? really clean bike.
When I was racing back in the 80t's there were quite a few scapins about,they were highly regarded at the time and certainly as good as any decent Italian frame of the era.

scapin

yes thats the one, i'd never seen one before, looks really nice and what i can find seems to be a thumbs up , but can't find much about them.I know they are still doing the modern stuff, don't think this one is as old as 80's more like 90's i think.
It might be nice to have a rare one, i notice you have an Italian

I took a look for it now you brought it up. Looks like a very nice example to me. Nice frames, great specs. Price sounds attractive to me. From the topic I understand you bought it. I think you did a great purchase.

scapin

i hope so, the guy i bought if off was really helpful. just waiting for the post from holland now.Glad you thought it seemed OK, it just jumped out at me as being well looked after

I have bought off that seller - good man and will pack the bike beautifully so no worries there.
Lovely bike you have bought, enjoy it :D

indeed :cool:
scapin was one of the finest and upmarket italian frame builder
very expensive frames new
I have an mtb from about 2001 in columbus foco that is very confortable
(so thin is the tubing that it pocs easily :? but that not a garage queen)

dunno about the road ones but should be in the same league

there is a post about it and some other scapin already ;)

was bought a couple of years ago and now sells rebranded alu or carbon stuff :shock: :cry:

i have owned an el-os tubed scapin since new in ~1990. fantastic frame! workmanship is excellent. original unicrown el fork left a bit to be desired...heavy & stiff. raced it w/carbon fork & whatever shimano for many years.

yours is cromor, a lower end seamed tubing, but the same alloy as SL/SLX, so not altogether bad. in any case, it looks stunning! congrats.

recently had mine repainted (original color) and put a lugged chrome el mondonico fork in place...so far superior to the unicrown it borders on ridiculous. Complete with C-Record/Delta and some box-section tubies and it has finally become the Italian thoroughbred that it always should have been.

has been posted here before...

scapin.jpg

Back