Dunkers big bad build thread

velomaniac":1cu7keln said:
Kaiser, telling me how little you've spent is irelevant when you have a parts bin of high end exotica.

I have a parts bin which can also be described as a scrap heap. I do not have titanium or double butted alloy at my disposal. I have plastic, high tensile steel and cheap rubber. Making a light bike without spending cash cannot be done.

So enough with your its easy and inexpensive nonsense. You lot have already done the expensive bit in the past and put it in your parts bin. I have never had the cash past or present :roll:

what I'm saying is the only thing in my parts bin that cost any money is the front wheel I bought in 96. everything else was an ebay bargain.

everything on mine cept the frame will come from the shed
no exotica involved tho i might fir light brake levers
these cost me £40 from the forum
not guilty of buying expensive stuff (much)

Mikee wrote:
ohh stop your wowling and build summat

Cant build owt, CB is lost in post due to snow, cant get stuff from my sheds without shifting some metric tons of snow and the boss has returned from his world travels with another knackering workload for me :roll:

My build will be over christmas hols if I'm lucky.

Headset/forks/stem and bars fitted. I have a x lite preload bung but cannae find it :? I've also weighed the Conti XC tyres and they tick the retro and weight boxes so its on with those!

Mikee you got pics of those tuned DB levers?

Also what bolts for what application? Ti where Alu where etc?

best i can do at the moment chief ,the back one

bolts ti ones are a bit of a pain tbh so i use modded stainless ones

alloy ones in non stressed areas brake pivots bottle bosses brake levers
but not bar clamps stems seat posts

Back