Why don't YOU use the retrobike archive.

Why don't YOU use the retrobike archive.

• I do use the archive

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Didn't know it existed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor search results in google

• Hard to navigate and use

• Don't like the stuff in it

• Total voters
gm1230126":9fvfa2f0 said:
Change the name from Archive to Catalog and it will see more use.
I think the fact the forum search doesn't pick it out, the google one does but I don't like the way that's not a specific search.
And you need to go into the Gallery&Archive to do it. I'm sure I've seen it integrated into the forum layout itself or if there is a modern 'wall' type application.

Wonder what John has plans to do. This has been up a while now ?

Archive is a good name I reckon.

There is a search box.

Trying to figure out how to have a flat text index (like mtbkataloge) but not got anywhere yet. In the meantime thinking of flattening the layout a little and making it more compact. Started here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... =xd7d5d27e

A step in the right direction?

Its better!
Also I like the new look of thumbnails
without that rectangle/frame with gradient around them...

FluffyChicken":2tlhxtgt said:
Since I use it a lot I can comment quite easily. (so none to tick up there for me ;) )

Not everything is tagged, you recent uploads as far as I can tell only have the year.. so they fall into the year section nicely. But there is no Trek tag or even a few models in the trek range for example or maybe.
I have quite a lot of tags on the RockShox section with models and 'service' to help them get picked up. BUT it does take quite some time and only easy if there are a few to do hence a few others I've added are not tagged so well.
- It may be nice to enable users to add/edit tags, then for the few that may bother it'll help others out.

Of course now the thumbnails issue has been sorted it makes it look a lot nicer and easier to just see the front cover.

BUT best of all would be if 'search' and 'google search' picked them out rather than relying on the small search box in the bottom left corner of Gallery&Archive page.

Sometimes you just don't really know what you are looking at.

Plus of course information is only available if members can scan things it and are willing to do so.
To anyone considering it only needs to be a high resolution picture and you can email it and the mods of that section will sort it out ;)

Though as for areas outside of the manufacturers archive, I find it much easier to upload pics to goggle pics from within picassa and the magazine archives don't have a lot in them.

same here.

Is there an easy way to load new mags catalogs into the archive. I'll be making a bunch of new scans soon.

Back