sandblasting + colour

fritzlite

Senior Retro Guru
hi.. my "new" 91`Bridgestone Rb-2 is in great need of som tlc.. and new paint
sandblasting and 2 tone paint, will set me back approx 1600 dkr, 190£
(without new decals)
was just wondering what you uk guys, would be paying?

cheers

I recently paid £45 to have a frame/forks blasted and powder coated in a single gloss white.

Painting does tend to cost more around the £100 figure from experience.

Luke.

Bob Jackson prices; single colour enamel £90, contrast colour £26 per tube so £142. Shipping to continental Europe is £50 so £192 total

£35 for blasting, single colour powder coat and lacquer by a local firm in Southampton, although that was frame only without forks and it was left for me to sort the decals out myself.

David

aha, so paint will be along the lines as local.. (shipping included)
that powder job was cheap, must check local auto or powder-coaters...hmm

thanks for the replys...

fritzlite":1395qi7y said:
hi.. my "new" 91`Bridgestone Rb-2 is in great need of som tlc.. and new paint
sandblasting and 2 tone paint, will set me back approx 1600 dkr, 190£
(without new decals)
was just wondering what you uk guys, would be paying?

cheers

Fritz -

First thing: Nooooooo! You could have bought my Bob Jackson's-restored Bridgestone RB-1!

I was just about to urge you to go to Velocals for your decals but I've just checked and they don't have anything for the RB-2. Finding the correct decals for my RB-1 makes me want to get it restored all over again.

I've only just read the full thread (I'm at work :oops: )
Don't do a cheap powdercoat job on an RB-2, its too nice for that (unless the bike has problems and its going to be a winter hack).
Bridgestones are rare outside of America and really highly regarded, do it justice!

i know what you mean... it deserves a prober paint job, and the right decals..
but the finanses might force me to give it a black powder job, and white decals..from velocal.(with the RB but without the 1)

it has serious rust problems, that has to be solved now, or it will be to late..one cable guide already going, the bb is attacked, plus 7.8 other places

was going to use it for daily commuting..but..

what size was yours, and is there a pic somewhere

Before...

RBWholeFrame.jpg

... and after ...

23052009367.jpg

I think its a 53. The seatpost was out too far when that photo was taken, but the bike is/was a shade small for me.

Back