What did you sell that you wish you didnt ??

This...

1678398968_17b4160beb_o.jpg

Three major regrets:

Holdsworth Avanti - road bike but my first proper bike. Sold, bought back then sold again on eBay when I hadn't a clue (Super Record equipped, literally pennies, the buyer even said "much better than I expected". Doh)

Steel Stumpjumper - sold, bought back, abandoned. The latter was forced but why did I sell in the first place?

Klein Pinnacle - mint, RC30s, full XC Pro, £200. I'd like to say what was I thinking although clearly I wasn't (although I did use the proceeds to buy back the Stumpjumper so there was some thought at work somewhere)

My new feeling is that it is better to regret buying than never to have bought at all. Or something like that.[/url]

Merlin Echo softail.

:cry:

Attachments

• echo01_123.jpg
    echo01_123.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,746
  • echo02_177.jpg
    echo02_177.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,743
  • arch02_121.jpg
    arch02_121.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,742
I figured two Merlins built up exactle the same with rude top notch parts of the time was un-justifiable.

This was before I met you lot.

Things would be different now.

:cry:

My DB Response Elite. Not my most expensive bike, but it has so many memories attached to it.

It covered so many miles, and competed in so many brilliant races.

God I loved that bike, would do anything to get it back but I have no idea where it is....... :cry: :cry:

I think I would even give both my GT's and my selection of road bikes to get it back......

1) My Funk - Tank green with Communist Red girvin vectors. Swapped it with my ex for a microwave when we split (microwave lasted 1 month after that).
2) Titan 1/2 Trak. Massive bike, but lovely all the same (still got the 1 1/4" fillet brazed negative rise stem for this somewhere)
3) My Bonty Race OR, sold it, bought it back, sold it, then got sold on to someone on here so I keep having to see it (bit like seeing that pretty ex down the local every week :( )
4) Red precision shifters and mechs (so I could go nine speed - what was I thinking)
5) Dekerf ahead Ti bar stem combo - would have gone so well on my Seven - but at the time none of my bikes were 1 1/8" so could justify keeping it as it didn't work with shims

Nearly..

1) Almost sold my Slingshot Road bike, but bottled in the end and how glad am I.
2) Almost swapped my Fat Ti at Recycle (I used Recycle like a lending library, swapping frames, bikes and kit every few months. Swapped a Kawasaki green San Andreas frame for the Fat Ti, but was sorely tempted by a Chuck hardtail a few months later)
3) Was going to sell my Turner XCE but the GF wanted a bike so it got built up again and looks great (possibly the best 'non -biking Girlfriend bike in the world!)

After that I learnt that the key thing to do is hold on to everything for a number of years in boxes under the stairs until you've forgotten you own it. Best thing then is to give stuff away for peanuts or swap it with some one who 'really' needs it, then you have the nice fuzzy glow rather than the constant thought of 'why?'.

Back