'On your bikes,' Hub pair told by forestry landlord

Blimey fifa have moved to scotland?

It will be interesting to see who actually wins and might explain why they did.

I suspect after putting in the hard work and toil the forestry commision couldn't be bothered to, hub may have become a victim of thier own success.

the forestry see a good,steady and viable business opportunity and are hanging it out to dry to the highest bidder and not to those who had the forests best interests when it comes to tourism, conservation and a genuine passion for the area.

This will come back and bite the foresty of that I am sure

I have had my run ins with the FC before, there is bound to be some kind of personal conflict behind this. Hopefully someone will get to the bottom of it and set things right.

Meanwhile I think a mass boycott is the way forward, letters in to let them know why you won't be using the facility, etc.

that is a disgrace!!..the FC are complete arsehats :evil:

why would they risk ruining the setup up there for the small chance that someone else will run it better...chances are it'll be a bigger named shop that takes it over thinking that they'll make a good profit due to the location and status that it has

stinks!!

Tendering. The concept that takes everything into account, except the quality of the end product.

Insane.

Gutted for the girls. Absolutley love the Hub, such a friendly place (great breakfasts too!). Glentress wouldn't be the same without them. Actually, Glentress wouldn't even be there without them.

Amazing how two-faced the FC can be. Hope they fall flat on their bung filled backsides.

dbmtb":1x51qe0v said:
Tendering. The concept that takes everything into account, except the quality of the end product.

Insane.

Correct on both counts.

Excluding The Hub from the tendering process hardly seems open or fair (or even legal?)

**Edit: My mistake - It seems they WERE included in the tendering process, but were excluded after the first round. **

Although there are clued-up and committed individuals within any organization, the FC have historically been very difficult to deal with. By which I mean utterly clueless, disinterested and hostile (not always). And, in terms of MTB acces and facilities, had their heads jammed firmly up their "narrow remit" for years.

Now, it seems some committee of desk-bound geniuses has come up with this B.S. "solution"... to what?

As stated above, the outcome of this whole fiasco is highly unlikely to benefit anyone in terms of service quality, local employment etc. etc.
But it might make more money for FC; given the pressure they are under, I guess that's all that matters?

Total bunch of Muppets.

This is really bad, some sort of organised response is needed. If soemone could draft a letter that takes a better tone than I am able to manage at the moment, we could send it to the Local MP, the Scottish Parlament and the Forestry Commission....

Forestry Commission Scotland Twitter Account: @FCScotland

Link to email Director of Forestry Commission Scotland: simon.hodge@forestry.gsi.gov.uk

Code:
Forestry Commission Scotland claim the decision not to accept the Hub's bid was made by a panel of assessors and the decision will be explained.

No doubt explained some time after the contracts been awarded and it's too late to do anything about it.

Ridiculous.

Back