Coolwall Nov 2010 - Campagnolo MTB groupsets

Coolwall Nov 2010 - Campagnolo MTB groupsets

• Cool

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've been running the Dyna-Tech 2070 with Campag Centaur groupset for 20 years now with no problems and it still looks great. I also managed, a few years ago, to get hold of some Campag Mirox rims to add, and they are fantastic.

So, for me, Campag is COOL. I mean how many other companies invented a saddle with an inflatable 'bladder' inside (Campagnolo Electa - see pic) so you can adjust your comfort using a cycle pump?

Attachments

• campag_cool.jpg
    campag_cool.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 994
Uncool. Looked the part (mostly) but couldn't deliver the goods. A case of style over function, and not a style I particularly liked.

cool for me :cool:

Attachments

• JBackfire3[1].jpg
    JBackfire3[1].jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 965
  • JBackfire4[1].jpg
    JBackfire4[1].jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 962
dbmtb":2l0lvgst said:
See? A Garish Klein.

Some of us love them. Some of us hate them.

Stick to the topic, Klein's already been voted cool :cool:

BTW i can't see a "garish" Klein.

It's a reference to an earlier posting (page 4) I made about what bikes ended up with campag kit BITD.

Pink and yellow not garish? Whatever you say. Would hate to get into an off-topic disagreement.

OMG Battenberg cake. Do you know how long it is since I´ve seen one of them? Last eaten at my grans when I was of school age.

Never liked that much either though :cool:

And neither do the danes - judging by the fact you can't buy them here.

Really surprised that noone seems to have noticed the appalling Garyish Klein pun. Ho hum. Back in the knife drawer before I cut myself.

cinderey":1rabm7tl said:
Campag on a Mountain Bike was never cool. Too soft. On a road bike no question, the coolest kit in the world.

Even (don't shoot me) XT was cooler on a MTB. It's all about functionality on a MTB not finesse & beauty.

cool items are rarely logical, reasonable, or functional; you must be thinking of another adjective.

GoldenEraMTB":rkeq13al said:
cinderey":rkeq13al said:
Campag on a Mountain Bike was never cool. Too soft. On a road bike no question, the coolest kit in the world.

Even (don't shoot me) XT was cooler on a MTB. It's all about functionality on a MTB not finesse & beauty.
cool items are rarely logical, reasonable, or functional; you must be thinking of another adjective.
Absolutely.

So many of these "cool" votes seem to get distracted due to what I can only perceive as people replacing the term "cool" with "good" or "what I like". Whether it's a peurile, contrived or pointless ethos, or otherwise - it's none of those things.

Back