The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bontrager Race Lite frame pricing?

I'm considering selling my old pre-Trek Bontrager Racelite steel frame which is built up with full '99 XT and has SID forks. It also has a Chris King No-threadset. It is a size "large".

Bontrager Race Lite by jack_sloan, on Flickr
For more pics of the bike, click on the above image.

I've no idea what the pricing would be for it. Could anyone give me any idea of where to start? It's an amazing frame in good nick, and a bit of a cult bike. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack Sloan
London.

Raceface cranks

Have had these NOS Raceface turbine cranks for ages now and was going to put them on my clockwork but might use some middleburns if I go single speed. Just wondered how much they're worth if I were to sell them and how rare they might be? The age old question, If I sold them would I ever get another set?
Enjoy.

Attachments

• Raceface green lps.jpg
    Raceface green lps.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 2,144
Tasty, like a bit of green :cool:

Last pair of Turbines cost me £40 posted from France, for a gold pair in good condition with all the bolts and spacers - I guess scaling up for NOS might give you £70-80ish perhaps? Assuming all the spacers are there...

NOS no idea, but the colour limits the market.
About 2 days ago a used and ringed version went for about £60/£70 on ebay (have a search) (in a popular colour)

Doubt you'll find a new pair easily or used good condition in that colour.

Just run these singlespeed, more interesting than Middleburn ;)

jacksloan":m41m0v9v said:
I'm considering selling my old pre-Trek Bontrager Racelite steel frame which is built up with full '99 XT and has SID forks. It also has a Chris King No-threadset. It is a size "large".

Bontrager Race Lite by jack_sloan, on Flickr
For more pics of the bike, click on the above image.

I've no idea what the pricing would be for it. Could anyone give me any idea of where to start? It's an amazing frame in good nick, and a bit of a cult bike. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack Sloan
London.

Nice frame; like the early box decals.
Nice parts.
Not so nice together for the vintage prupose.

My suggestion: part it out. With a few more pics of the frame, with closeups of the tube joints and seat stays, it could get you $250, give or take $50.
The parts alone could get you about the same.
For a total of $500, give or take $100. Selling it complete, might be hard to break $400.

FluffyChicken":m41m0v9v said:
NOS no idea, but the colour limits the market.
About 2 days ago a used and ringed version went for about £60/£70 on ebay (have a search)

Doubt you'll find a new pair easily or used good condition in that colour.

Just run these singlespeed, more interesting than Middleburn ;)

I second what Fluff wrote; condition is everything, and the color is more rare, which is both good and bad. Also, you won't find them again, in that condition and color.

Advice: Put it up for sale with a BIN, (Buy It Now), you will be very happy with, and run the auction repeatedly till the right buyer comes along, or you find use for them- which ever comes first.

On another note, thanks guys for the help with the pace fork.

Re: Claud Butler Altus?

wadsy":2qan8zfg said:
Any thoughts on a value for this bad boy? :LOL:

A mate gave it to me to resurrect, but I don't fancy it tbh ;)

SCJ020.jpg

Cheers

bung it on ebay all tidied up - anything with butler seems to do well there

As I'm getting to my limit on shed (and house!) bike capacity I'm starting to thin out my 'collection' of components, mainly the ones I can't see myself using, even in the long term. Most of this stuff I can hazard a reasonable guestimate of worth for forum and jumble selling but there are one or two more exotic items that I want to be a bit more certain about before I let them go.

From the MTB side I have one or two things, Firstly I have a pair (a bikesworth that is) of Marin Decelerators, boxed, and very little useage complete with cables etc. I also have a NOS Shimano Sharkfin still in package.

Legend has it that both of these have been sold for vast sums in the past - but what could I realistically expect to get for them currently? Any advice gratefully received.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back