Dunkers big bad build thread

cos i'll cheat :LOL:

trying to get under 20lbs

as for rider weight , its about the bike as far as i'm concerned

velomaniac":ue1dwg4q said:
In fact to be trully daft why dont we stop scientifically weighing our components and base it on picking things up and deciding if they feel light.

Yessss! And thus science becomes art...

If Leonardo da Vinci was lurking on the forum he'd be right in at this point.

I wasn't being serious ("Noooo!"), and retrospectively the giant vs. dwarf thing might seem a bit sizeist.

I of course meant ogre vs. dwarf instead.

Mikee, build is sounding really promising :cool:

Velo, budget wise I think my most expensive outlay will be the forks which were a tenner but with an extra 20 for the powder coat. The rear wheel I bought was £25. everything else was under a £10 I think apart from my front wheel which I bought new in 96.

mikee":z1sojcee said:
so whats everyone using for brakes ?

these are mine

5225795127_aeae69e702_b.jpg

360gm as you see them. I think they are tektro jobbies.

Mike do you still want that titanium S/S chain set with the Kryptonite B/B
and egg beaters. BTW I aint going any lower that £18 and I aint gonna
swap yeah for a hair dryer are you havin a laugh or whattt?

you still wantin those GHD's rob ?

suppose i better start taking some pics

Kaiser, telling me how little you've spent is irelevant when you have a parts bin of high end exotica.

I have a parts bin which can also be described as a scrap heap. I do not have titanium or double butted alloy at my disposal. I have plastic, high tensile steel and cheap rubber. Making a light bike without spending cash cannot be done.

So enough with your its easy and inexpensive nonsense. You lot have already done the expensive bit in the past and put it in your parts bin. I have never had the cash past or present :roll:

ohh stop your wowling and build summat
you always put together interesting bikes and you know it

get on with it :LOL:

Latest posts

Back