Dunkers big bad build thread

I've some conti XC too in 1.5 :eek: last seen on the Ku.

I don't think I have ever weighed a tyre.
I could go quite light but it wouldn't be pretty. Thought about single speed but it just isn't me. Might go 1x7.

What is it with me and colour, just bought blue bars to go with the red wheel I won of the bay.

Are we counting rider weight in with this, the whole package? :LOL:

Tyres and tubes, pound for lb is probably the most significant weight saving you can make IMO.

kaiser":3as6uok1 said:
Tyres and tubes, pound for lb is probably the most significant weight saving you can make IMO.
Talking of which, just put tubes and tyres on the FAT. Now up to 21lbs - Panaracer XC Pros 1.75, and a couple of boggo tubes.

Setting the bar pretty low :)

Some more polishin tonight. Don't think I'll get to prissy with it. Hopefully see some forks and wheels fitted on monday.

Looking like the FAT's going to be weighing in at 22.3 lbs. I'm trying to avoid thinking about my other wheelset, lightweight tubes, alloy seat posts and stems. I did fit a Ti bolt though!

whadya mean alloy post? surely you don't have a steel one in there?

kaiser":3n705oz9 said:
whadya mean alloy post? surely you don't have a steel one in there?
4130 baby! Just pulled the seatpost off the Rockhopper since it was the same size. Please, I'm trying not to take this weight weenie stuff too seriously, although I'm thinking 20lb is probably do-able for not too much £.

Back