1992 Rocky Mountain Équipe SSP - NEW PICS. page 4 !!!!

little update - got most of the parts and fitted them: seatpost / saddle, stem / bar & cantis

will post some pics. later when I can take them at daylight.

pics. from today - winterwonderland :D

CIMG3156.jpg

CIMG3154.jpg

Looking really good :D Colour is very retro cool :cool:

That's a very good restoration, I hope it'll be a rider one day.

It's interesting the way they positioned the Equipe back then as more of a race-oriented bike than the Blizzard. People tend to think of later Blizzards as race-oriented, but I don't think that was the Blizzard's role. The Altitude was the race bike and it seems as though in 1992 the Equipe was a cheaper version of it. The Blizzard was more costly than the Equipe, but that was solely down to the higher-level kit. The Equipe had the better frame, with a Tange Ultimate Superlight/Concept mix and Tange Superlight forks, whereas the Blizzard was all Tange Concept.

In later years, the Equipe gradually became the less race-oriented of the two, but that never made much sense, to use a name that means racing team for a frame that was more of a workhorse. Maybe what you have there is the vintage of Equipe that truly achieved what they had in mind when they chose the name.

Anthony, I have the same impression as you.

To me using today terms, vaguely
Blizzard is the AM/Marathon aka 'all dayer' bike and the Equipe is the XC/Race bike.

I think the marketing and history of the Blizzard played a strong role is its reposition. It was kind of on it's own as the Hammer was really the race bike under the Equipe

Back to the bike.
What's the plan... anything hoped for or just see what comes along ?

cheers for your pos. comments :D

received my wheelset last week - Ritchey Vantage rims , DT spokes & LX hubs - pics. will follow.

interesting to read about Equipe being a the more race orientated bike than the blizzard. if singlespeeded will be good enough for that frame then :LOL:

looking very nice magas :cool: I like the direction you are taking with this and im another who really likes this colour.

Looking forward to seeing the SS Choices...Currently doing same but this will be no BOTM...Just a Winter rider.

Great Resto Job!...

Back