drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NWA: Roman Lakes and Mellor Moor ~ Saturday 11th December 2010

RomanLakes-02.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 11th December 2010
:: Distance/time: 12 miles approx / 3-4 hours riding.
:: Meeting at: 10am for 10:30am start. Meeting point Roman Lakes Leisure Park, Lakes Road, Marple, Cheshire. SK6 7HB.
:: Directions: here [Free parking and only a mile from Marple Railway Station]
:: Terrain: A mixture of quiet lanes, rocky single and moorland tracks. It's not so flat so there will be some climbing, but also some lovely descending.

After a recce with mrlee last weekend, we thought we'd go back again and this time invite everyone along for the ride.

This is an area both myself and Lee know very well having ridden around these hills for about the last twenty years.
Suffice to say there is some great riding to be had in a relatively compact area.
We'll meet at Roman Lakes Leisure Park, which is right at the end of a bumpy track, complete with a small hatch serving hot drinks, cakes and bacon rolls. Parking is also plentiful and free.

We'll then ride around a selection of the local trails stopping at at least one pub and/or cafe along the way and enjoying the views and history of the area.

I hope that some of you will be tempted to join us for a nice leisurely and sociable bimble on old bikes.

This will also be your last chance to win one of the much coveted 'NWA Bike of the Ride' awards/stickers.

We'll look forward to seeing you soon.

If it's still epic weather I'll turn out - have zero fitness mind...

Will it have any Christmas theme??

It'll be a great honour to have you along Mr K.

A Christmas theme you say...? erm yes of course it will.

The best bike/clothing/helmet adornments and decorations will win a prize.
Fancy dress optional.

drystonepaul said:
This will also be your last chance to win one of the much coveted 'NWA Bike of the Ride' awards/stickers.
quote]

*cough* FIFA! *cough*

Where's me Lemsip...

Hmm...
I've got nothing rideable, no spare time, no spare money, will have had practicaly no sleep, everything's buried under frozen snow and it's eight below outside - how could I possibly resist?!

Might I be permitted a 'fighting chance' front tyre...? :shock:

Looking forward to this one :D even more than usual :cool:

elPedro666":1im44wuy said:
Hmm...
I've got nothing rideable, no spare time, no spare money, will have had practicaly no sleep, everything's buried under frozen snow and it's eight below outside - how could I possibly resist?!

Might I be permitted a 'fighting chance' front tyre...? :shock:

Looking forward to this one :D even more than usual :cool:

You sound almost as well prepared as I feel most of the time.
Let me know if I can lend you anything.

:)

mrkawasaki":2ll7dxqf said:
If it's still epic weather I'll turn out - have zero fitness mind...
Aren't you always at zero ?? :LOL: ....If i ride the death trap Syncros powerlite forks , i'll keep you company at the back mate

....oh can i have a lift with you dsp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back