Falcon in "nice bike" shocker!

Goldie":122yj0ic said:
Rourke's building the frames do you think?

I think the wrap-over stay is a red herring; Falcons also had this feature "back in the day" (as did a few other builders e.g. Henry Burton) which may explain it. As far as I know there's no in-house building at Brigg these days so not sure where the frames are being made.

David

David B":10vhxzva said:
Goldie":10vhxzva said:
Rourke's building the frames do you think?

I think wrap-over stay is a red herring; Falcons also had this feature "back in the day" (as did a few other builders e.g. Henry Burton) which may explain it. As far as I know there's no in-house building at Brigg these days so not sure where the frames are being made.

David

A good point, the 'Eddy Merckx' Falcons had this feature too.

Great colour scheme ,my head cant get around the carbon fork combination though
Ive seen a lot of reynolds steel frames coming from china recently all fitted with carbon forks

There was one on display at York Rally this year (June) with a black fork I think. Several people I spoke to thought it was an original that had been 'interfered with' and were very surprised that it was a new production. There wasn't any info on the bike itself to make this clear, not very good marketing!

Aren't Falcon and Holdsworth all part of the modern 'Claud Butler' conglomerate?

Pretty sure Falcon are the holding company and CB is the brand, Falcon make Edinburgh Bike Coop bikes too.

falcon

Dont think the transfers match the original, and the price is a bit much, be cheaper to rebuild an original one.
Think keith Lambert still has his original one that he won the pro champs on.

Ed Bikes

The Ken":2pnmekr7 said:
Pretty sure Falcon are the holding company and CB is the brand, Falcon make Edinburgh Bike Coop bikes too.
They used to make the EBC bikes when they had a factory some years ago but they havent supplied them for about 6 or 7 years

Back