Some Parts for my project

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
A few little tasty parts to share with you guys ;)

4e7a2e7b.jpg

Nice NOS Brooks B72

178de072.jpg

Vintage Phil Wood hubs with Shimano 600 13/28 freewheel

edf06595.jpg

1970s Suntour V Compe GT rear mech

886c1938.jpg

Early Sakai Royal stem with canti hanger. Took ages to find one. NOS but was shop soiled.

602676d3.jpg

And finally for today, a pair of NOS (but badly stored) Araya 2.125 steel rims. These will need to go off for rechroming next week.

More to follow over the next week ;)

Oooh Stainless Phil's, very nice.

BTW SR stands for Sakae Ringyo not Sakai Royal.

Do we get a hint on what the build is?

All will be revealed in good time ;) let's just say that this one is going to be a showstopper!

I should have seatpost, headset, grips, cranks, front mech, quick releases and bottle cage on my desk before the weekend.

A few more bits and pieces

5b59cf85.jpg

full set of NOS late 70's Cmpagnolo Record QRs

399eb4b3.jpg

And a shop soiled but NOS Campagnolo 26.8 Nuovo Record seatpost.

More on the way ;)

A few more bits to share.

7fa09d38.jpg

NOS Preston Petty Hex grips. I really wanted Gum coloured ones but as these are like hens teeth i went for these blue ones.

1d517cfd.jpg

...also a nice TA Bottle cage, a Suntour V Compe front mech and some lovely NOS Dia Compe roller cable hangers. I got two sets of hese and one set is on the Klunker. They work really well.

d996bf4c.jpg

I'm waiting on a pair of lovely gold Ukai cruiser rims to arrive this week so i can build up my wheels and fit the tyres up.

Almost there for parts now. I just need a 26/38/48 Ta Cyclotouriste chainset, union pedals and a Record Nuovo headset.

Should be able to start the build in the new year.

Moving back in time Dr. This is clearly one of those "next levels" of Retro biking.
Level Five: Rebuild a hand made original Klunker.

Lid":w17jjoqv said:
Moving back in time Dr. This is clearly one of those "next levels" of Retro biking.
Level Five: Rebuild a hand made original Klunker.

Ooooh, you are good. Closest guess yet! ;)

Back