2004 Titus Racer X Ready For The Summer Happy Days

Hi mate making small progress on the bike went out today looking for some good gear cables for the racer x for the winter -Also noticed the XTR M960 rear mech pullys will need changing soon but not sure if shimanos are what im after this time

Your Racer x sounds very nice and also lite weight hope i get mine to that 20lbs thats very lite for these bikes :cool:

Added front hub pic

Just been cleaning up the bike today and replaced the headset top cap and bolt for carbon and titanium bolt thats a blueish silver colour almost like the frame and XTR groupset

Stage 4

Carbon top cap including blueish titanium bolt
Blue custom ritchey stem handle bar clamp with titanium bolts
Ritchey 115mm 2004 25.4 stem
Jagwire carbon kev gearcables and modded brake cables using gear cable inners saves weight & works well :cool:
Modified first early rockshox Sid rebound top mount hadelbar lever fixed to work with the last 2006-2008 world cup sids

Heres some more pics :cool:

Re: titus

obi-wan-mtb":278w2b7b said:
This is gonna be nice!

20 pounds is pretty leight, hope you can make this.
My L sized Racer X is 11.05 kilo, around 22.5 pounds?
!

yeah, right, 11.05 kg = 24.31 lb.

nice bike - for some reason i seem to be drawn to the alternately coloured spoke nipples. :shock:

Thanx mate that happen by accident because of the spoke nipple lengths but when the wheels was built and but on the bike i thought nice :D

Think the bikes going to end up being 21 pounds but still room for more weight sheading as aways :cool:

Just been out today and got my mate to do some more turquoise blue anodising for the Racer X - the XTR M960 shifters bottom mount thumb shifters and brake adjusters for me so pics coming soon of these parts :D

Stage 5 will be on the way soon :cool:

Finally got the pics up of the anodised XTR shifter lever & brake parts im not using the bike over the winter but had these on the racer x and they looked awsome :D

Also included to the Racer-x some Easton CT2 carbon flat bars The ritchey WCS bars are to hard on my hands being triple butted aluminium- these carbon bars are awesome i have never used any bar as good as these even titanium dont soaks up vibration like these bars ideal and also work well together with my grips as showen in the other pics :cool:

Stage 5

Anodised turquoise blue XTR M960 bottom thumb shifter stalks
Anodised turquoise blue XTR M960 brake adjusters
Easton CT2 Carbon 23" inch flat bars Got not showen in the build yet ;)

Here is the final build stage 6 i tryed keeping it to the full 2004 spec as much as poss- so here is my full on XC Racer the racer x finished for now :cool:

Stage 6 :D

Yes got be Retro :D Did some very nice bikes back in the day i found this info pic of the original 1994 Titus full suspension bike mines arrived from this bike over the years :cool:

Out of all my bikes i've ever ridden this Titus is like no other bike ive ever rode Awesome :cool:

Re: titus

02gf74":piu3od46 said:
obi-wan-mtb":piu3od46 said:
This is gonna be nice!

20 pounds is pretty leight, hope you can make this.
My L sized Racer X is 11.05 kilo, around 22.5 pounds?
!

yeah, right, 11.05 kg = 24.31 lb.

Ah, sorry for that

That said I believe 20 lb for a racer X is gonna be veryvery hard....
I think I can save 1 kilo max (saddle, seatpost and stem.steered combo).
This means 22 lb still.....

Back