Reprodution stickers and Original frames

GB.

See these GBs keep popping up, I used to walk past GBs shop everyday on the way to school.

Looks like you've two lateish ones.

Mine's early and built by the highly regarded Cliff Shrubb (Butler's didn't build frames).

Good luck.

Roadking.

Re: GB.

roadking":3p1wqirg said:
See these GBs keep popping up, I used to walk past GBs shop everyday on the way to school.

Looks like you've two lateish ones.

Mine's early and built by the highly regarded Cliff Shrubb (Butler's didn't build frames).

Good luck.

Roadking.

Cheers Roadking, the track bike is very similar to the one I rode in the mid 70's, whereas the Touring/Training frame was built in the late 80's as the original seller had it built for him and he told me that when he delivered it last night. I would have preferred a nice mid 70's road frame, but am going to build it up to a classic summers day bike.

GBs.

Hi,

my GB is a mid 70s roadframe (Nervex Pro lugs, fastback stays) bought new by a friend of my Dad's.

My ride in 70s (I was lucky) was a Holdsworth Pro that I still have - it was and is my 10'O'level bike, a present from my Dad for passing them!

Thought it would be useful to have forums based on letters of the alphabet for frames and bikes - if you wanted to look at stuff on Butlers you'd look under B!

Cheers, Roadking.

AndyPA":3tv1aspg said:
a GB in white with red decals,perfection in my book

Yep, I'm keeping the Track Bike in White with Red decals, I will have to have the rear bridge brazed up as someone has drilled it for a rear brake, but am considering doing the Touring/Training frame is something special as it is not so valuable, so might do that in Proper Candy Apple Red with White decals (I can hear the dismay in peoples minds but that is what I would have ordered it in anyway)

GBs.

My GB is (Ferrari) red with a white headtube and gold lug lining, and white graphics with black edges to the letters.

Headtube transfer; standard GB laurel wreath.

I think its lovely.

Build not yet finished (frame was a few years back) but will be mix of Campag, Wolber, Cinelli, GB (that's the UK alloy stem) with perhaps an old skool Brookes saddle.

Roadking.

Re: GBs.

roadking":hu24wl29 said:
My GB is (Ferrari) red with a white headtube and gold lug lining, and white graphics with black edges to the letters.

Headtube transfer; standard GB laurel wreath.

I thnks its lovely.

Roadking.

Sounds lovely, any photo's

GBs.

You know I've tried,

but I just cannot get them on...I am a newbie to downloading images etc, but I'm not a numpty...don't know what the problem is.

I'm trying to sell a Claud Butler mixte frame at the moment and failed to upload the images.

So when I can I sure will; and some of my oher bikes too.

Cheers, Roadking.

Re: GBs.

roadking":2ebr288b said:
You know I've tried,

but I just cannot get them on...I am a newbie to downloading images etc, but I'm not a numpty...don't know what the problem is.

I'm trying to sell a Claud Butler mixte frame at the moment and failed to upload the images.

So when I can I sure will; and some of my oher bikes too.

Cheers, Roadking.

If you can email them to me it's dead easy to upload for you'

Jkulin":12w0j465 said:
Hi Nick,

I wonder if I can ask, I'm about to restore two Geoffrey Butler Frames, both will need a respray but I am worried about the Transfers, can you advise where I might get authentic ones from?

The track Frame has a Columbus Gara Sticker on, so I will also need to obtain a replacement, the Touring/Training Frame was 531 and I know that for a fact as I bought it direct from the original owner, so again I need to find stickers for that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Lloyds do Geoffrey Butler transfers, I'm not certain they have the right ones, but have a look on their website to check. 531 decals are available on Ebay, the Gara ones may be a little more difficult as it was their bottom of the range tubing IIRC, but they may be available on Ebay too.

Neither look desperately in need of a respray though.

Back