Mixing colours....does this work...your thoughts

a guy i rode with had red/blue back in the day. can work on the right frame colour.

I'm finding this a really interesting thread.

My Pace is sub grey anodised. It was originally destined to heva a riot of purple but when it came to it I couldn't do it. The problem was that it was a bike I wanted for so long that I was super careful about the build. It is now all simple, the chain rings, fork crown and stem are all the same sub grey as the frame, all other components are natural Ti or black anodised and it has a full XTR M900 groupset. Tres tres conservative!

Please don't take my comments as criticism, just opinion. If everyone dug the same thing it would be a pretty boring place! ;)

Stick Legs":1tad20un said:

If everyone dug the same thing it would be a pretty boring place! ;)

ditto that :) ... & can you imagine the ebay bidding wars! :LOL:

scant":b9i8t2pn said:
Stick Legs":b9i8t2pn said:

If everyone dug the same thing it would be a pretty boring place! ;)

ditto that :) ... & can you imagine the ebay bidding wars! :LOL:

Yeah but the contents of my shed would set me up for retirement! ;)

As above this is really interesting stuff.

I always go super conservative with black or especially silver but I love looking at what other people do and wish I had such good taste (and Jez's comments above sound a pretty good rule of thumb)!

For what it's worth I don't think you can go too far wrong with the originally posted Yo, really classy colour in great condition, although I'd emphasise the frame by down playing the parts colour wise.

I reckon that yo looks awesome!

Mixing colours can def work if done right... and purple and blue were made for each other IMO. (little clue about my project there ;) )

Oh but the exception to the 'mixing colours works' theory... red and purple... yuck!

I like the mish-mash of colour too, was gonna do a similar thing with the Hope wheels on my Dave Yates, red Ti-Glide on rear, blue suspension hub on front with a blue rear skewer and red front, matching rims of course :D

Stu

I say each to their own.
Personally, I pick 2 colours and stick to them (see my RTS-2), but no harm in trying stuff and seeing how it works out.
Again its personal taste, but I dont like the 'different side-different colour' option, but I take my hat off to you for giving it a go.
Its a FAT so you can get away with it! ;)

Back