Raleigh Torus XT dream screamer

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Have a butchers at this flying machine, I could throw more at it, I know and I love the ride and the speed up the hills, but I am nagged that it is just a tad too big for me at 16.5 ctc, as I usually ride a 14" or less, (short arsed 29.5 inch inseam!) so may well sell it at the right price. :? :cry: :cry:
The tube sets were UK sourced from IMI up in the North East and UK welded under IMI guidance, they just cost too much to produce to compete with the Russian and didn't have the Kudos to compete with Litespeed Moots and Merlin, though they were as good. Some of the later stuff was Russian sourced.

Frame Torus Xt 18 inch (16.5 ctc)
Fork Rockshox Quadra (have UGLI Ti with it)
Headset Orbit XL 11 oversize Cartridge
Stem DynaTech Ti 106 grams
Handlebar Sandvik Ti
Grips Ritchey WCS
Brakes Shimano XT
Cantilever cable hangers Shimano XT
Brake Levers Shimano XT Sti
Shifters Shimano XT Sti
Front Derailleur Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur OnZa short cage
Cassette XTR 11-28
Chain Sachs race perforated
Cranks Shimano XT 73'
Chainrings Shimano XT
Bottom Bracket Hope Ti'
Pedals Shimano 540
Quick Releases Control Tech Ti security (40 grams)
Rims Mavic SUP 117
Hubs XT
Tyres Onza Porc 2
Saddle Selle Trimatic TT
Seatpost U.S.E. Titanium mtb
Weight A tad over 20lbs with the Quadras well
under with the U.G.L.I. rigid fork
TorusXT012.jpg

TorusXT009.jpg

TorusXT008.jpg

TorusXT015.jpg

TorusXT011.jpg

TorusXT004.jpg

Now that is one nice bike! Too small for me. Inside leg is 31". Duck's disease has run in the family for generations!

Re: Legs

Wold Ranger":yr8hka2p said:
Too small, don't you mean too big? 31 inch?

Duck's disease=Arse too close to the ground!
I'm still 6 feet tall, so if I get a bike where the legs fit, the rest of it is cramped. To add to the problem I have the arms of someone who is at least 6'5"!! It's not just bikes, finding jackets that fit is a reet bu**er!

That is still one good looking bike!

reach

It's got a fair length reach with the 140 mm stem and longish top tube. I have the same problem 29 inch Inside Leg and 5 foot seven, so I need a low bike with long top tube too, arms like a Monkey too! 'Trouble is, if I bail off on a slope, the old Nads/Top tube interface ain't good!!!

Re: reach

Wold Ranger":1wmg00ts said:
It's got a fair length reach with the 140 mm stem and longish top tube. I have the same problem 29 inch Inside Leg and 5 foot seven, so I need a low bike with long top tube too, arms like a Monkey too! 'Trouble is, if I bail off on a slope, the old Nads/Top tube interface ain't good!!!

My first mountain bike did more for my (still quite modest) bike handling skills than any amount of articles offering advice ever did. It was a 23.5" Dawes! You did NOT want to fall off forwards when on that thing!

Forks

That depends on what happens with the bike, or split with the frame on its own. I want to give a potential buyer the option, as they were issued with the bike. I would prefer to keep the Quadras and sell the frame with the Ti forks, but we'll see. If I sold them seperately they would not be cheap!

Love to get my hands on a torus frame at some point...very pleasing to look at, and my size too...

JeRkY":3t27iod3 said:
Love to get my hands on a torus frame at some point...very pleasing to look at, and my size too...

Would split the frame off, if you were serious, it's just a tad too big and I need to get going with my next project on these dark nights! I have the original UGLI forks too, that are unmarked in Powder coated Black, with the correct perfect decals.

Back