1989 Raleigh Avanti

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
I am proud to announce my new addition to the retro family :LOL:

This is an 89 Raleigh Avanti that I seem to have woken up from hibernation since its birth ! I won this on Ebay at the weekend , I got it for less than half I was willing to pay :cool: happy days.

The early Raleigh's are close to my heart as I worked in a local Raleigh bike shop between 1990 and 1992.

I have just got back from up north with it and have pumped up the tyres and set the canti's. It is 100 % factory even down the panaracer timbuk 11's that are unbelievably not perished even the surface on the rims is not worn out :cool:

I will have to give it it a clean and tune up, I have just noticed it doesn't have a chainstay bridge by the bb :shock:

Enjoy

Avanti001.jpg

Avanti003.jpg

Avanti006.jpg

Avanti012.jpg

Avanti010.jpg

catpic1.jpg

catpic2.jpg

that is, as known in the trade, 'cool'.

its like they said 'lets throw as much top stuff at it as we can'

that is, as known in the trade, 'cool'.

+1

I bid on that too, but I had a much lower ceiling than you. Almost finished cleaning up the "Moonshine", will have to get some pics this weekend.

:D :D :D

legrandefromage":3o8z2h3x said:
its like they said 'lets throw as much top stuff at it as we can'

It does seem like that :LOL: , Raleigh's from this era were usually mustangs and lizards etc. This was a lot of dollars back then, £699 to be precise and I love the fact its in the smallest size , most of them were sold in gate form :LOL:

Cant wait to ride it

John":2uv357c3 said:
Another solid addition to the fleet James. Really cool.

Cheers John :cool:

Well the Tandem has gone and this one has filled its space, Do you reckon I could get away with another as the Tandem was essentially 2 bikes :LOL:

Cool bike - am really glad it went to someone on here and will hopefully stay in one piece.

Something of a bargain I think too - good skills sir!

I have a set of wheels with those m6CDs - bomb proof.

Back