How to restore my Slim Chance

Dhphat

Senior Retro Guru
So I'm very tempted to put one of the igleheart forks on so i can make it threadless, plus mine has one of the Uni-crown forks not the Road Yo-Eddy fork like i really wanted. This would just be a modern version of that.

http://www.iglebike.com/forks.html

154174_460990946923_651806923_6282041_7517166_n.jpg

I would keep it original if it was mine. I went threadless on an old steel frame and I regret it now. It just doesn't look right mixing bulky stems with slim frame tubes.

Also, $450 is a lot of money for a pair of forks.

Mark.

I'm kinda afraid it looking a little off w/ the Threadless stem. I'm just going to have to find a very slight stem. I'm planning on painting both forks, so if i don't like it i can just switch them. plus i'm using a king Headset, so i can just switch the top of the that if need be.

Congrats on your find!

Don't go threadless, it's just not right for this beauty. You could start by polishing the paintwork with a mild polisher. Sometimes this works great especially in combination with some nice NOS gruppo. And don't forget there is nothing wrong with the unicrown Slim Chance. They are made of Columbus tubing, which is really nice.

If you still feel it needs a repaint, contact Keith Anderson. He's the man for the job!

If you want a nice quill stem, check out the ones by Nitto on www.alexscycle.com. They make matching bars in silver too.

Latest posts

Back