Yo respray - what colour?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I've been thinking of a respray for a while and Gil's offer of decals may just tip the balance.

Currently as below in blue to purple Kameleon, plenty of scuffs and scrapes and a small dent on the non drive side chainstay that could do with filling. Intending to leave the forks as they are.

I don't find choosing a colour easy as I stuggle to visualise what it will look like. Plus there are some beautiful examples out there (Joe's Yo in BOTM) that I wouldn't want to copy.

I'm a bit torn between going with an original, single colour (I'd love Grello if possible - anyone know what that is on a colour chart?) or going for something completely different (again single colour preferably. Brown? Beige?).

The build won't be bling, just what is on there now so no anodising clash issues to deal with.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Big Ted.jpg
    Big Ted.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,918
Ed - if you want a classic Yo colour you should find somebody to recreate 'Grellow' - the definitive Yo colour IMHO.

Maybe do a search on a thread by Jonrock for Klein RAL codes. Somebody mentioned a paintshop is the Midlands that can recreate just about anything! :cool:

However I think an olive/khaki fade (that i would call Desert Storm) would be nice and apt for you. ;)

I'm with Jez on this one.

Here's Sarah's Team SL paint job...

It's called Mettallic Guiness by DeKerf and it's gorgeous i the flesh. I reckon it'd suit that frame really well.

I like the Grello, (looks amazing on JV's) but i think it's a smaller frame colour and a darker mettallic wuld suit a larger frame.

:D

Attachments

• kerf4_202.jpg
    kerf4_202.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,896
  • kerf3_634.jpg
    kerf3_634.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,891
How about black? then no ano clash plus with silver forks it would look :cool:

on fatcogs I think there is some info on Grello.
Mix of some random fluoro green and yellow (funny enough) in the right proportion

JV bike really does glow at dusk :shock:

I think Team Violet is one of the nicest single colours, and shouldn't be too hard to get a close match. maybe.

I think candy wild cherry looks the best but they did a nice metalic teal got mine done in red but as it needs a new tube i`m going with a white/cream with all black bits like this one

Attachments

• MVC-027S.jpg
    MVC-027S.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,857
Thanks guys, some good ideas and really liking the rootbeer and metallic Guiness colours (funny that I looked at a colour chart in the LBS at lunchtime and liked similar colours). That said I like the cream too just already have a cream bike.

Talking in the LBS I could get a two tone fade for an extra £20 (Argos) so that might also be a possibility for Kev's Desert Storm Kameleon.

Hmm, plenty to consider but any more suggestions welcome although Grello still popular (thanks for the Fat Cogs suggestion, I'm registered so not sure why I haven't looked there already).

Edd try INDY FAB site....

Hey Edd, good to meet ya last week buddy...Try having a look on the INDEPENDENT FABRICATION colour chart on their site + VICIOUS CYCLES site also..Some really great colours and mad ideas :D

Back