Attachments

• Alembic-Bike-1.jpg
    Alembic-Bike-1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,906
  • Alembic-Bike-2.jpg
    Alembic-Bike-2.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,906
I've neither seen or heard of one of those before....but I like it :cool:

Can we have some more pics and info please.

This bike ( Alembic ) was going to be the hightech follow-on to the RS-1, with Mert Lawwill's rear suspension and the high end
carbon frame made by Toray in Japan. Although they spent $80,000.00 making the mold, only 7 frames were ever produced before Fisher bikes were bought out by the Taiwanese. They ran the company into the ground before TREK bought the name and hired Gary Fisher to represent it. I rode this bike when it was new, and bought just the frame from Gary Fisher in 1995 at his annual yard sale! The paint was chipped and no parts were with it, but I traced all the parts-mostly XT-R-and finished it. It graced my wall with the occaisional ride until I sold it to a bike store in Switzerland in 2002 to help pay for my 1965 Stingray roadster.

Fisher Alembic

The reason the Alembic frame is so tall is that It was built to fit Gary Fisher, who is over 6'2". In answer to the other question as to where the shock is-the shock is a small stack of polyurethane dampers that mount on the back side of the seat tube below the front derailleur and in between the swingarms.

Latest posts

Back