Hello! (and yet another C16R)

simon_adams_uk

Dirt Disciple
Hello - my first proper post on here.

Here's my C16R (bought November 2005) half way up a Himalayan pass (for those who know the Manali-Leh road, it's at the bottom of Baralach La).

It's got a real old mish-mash of parts including some old shifters (ST-M020). Any idea what year / level of quality these were?

Simon

Attachments

• SimonA bike at bottom of Baralachla.JPG
    SimonA bike at bottom of Baralachla.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 2,586
Nice looking bike and scenery and trailer for that matter.

Great to see a mountain bike actually on a mountain and being used as it should and evern better that it has a retro soul.

:cool:

and welcome, by the way...

:D

Wu-Tangled":mrrig8i4 said:
Nice looking bike and scenery and trailer for that matter.

Great to see a mountain bike actually on a mountain and being used as it should and evern better that it has a retro soul.

:cool:

and welcome, by the way...

:D

My sentiments exactly.

ST-M020 belongs to Exage C200, so early 90's and one of the 'lowest' groups Shimano made; a true testemant to you and your steed :)

Makes a bit of a mockery of the likes of me running XT and XTR on bikes that only clock a few hundred miles a year. Even fewer of those actually challenge the components :oops:

i really want a c16r or P7 for my next toy. suppose i should finish the one i have first though ;)

cce":31d28qfz said:
i really want a c16r or P7 for my next toy. suppose i should finish the one i have first though ;)

I can really recommend a C16R... it brings a smile to my face every time I ride it!

S

Back