GT Karakoram K2....At Last some half Decent Photos!!

xeo":z38frkfo said:
from memory it came with shimano's first deore LX groupset with 1st generation STI (with squared-off shift levers) but i may wrong.

Going from memory, it would have been early 90's.

Your right about the LX groupset on it, and it would come wih the big chunky STI shifters! :LOL:

Ahh, they were the days...... ;)

Well, it's arrived :D

DSCN2215.jpg

DSCN2214.jpg

Tange tubing and nice GT details on the stem and end of top tube.

They don't make um like they used to.

DSCN2216.jpg

DSCN2212.jpg

DSCN2219.jpg

She will most likely be built up and used for now, but a respray is in order I think, probably not in the original colour though.

Where can I get some decals made in the same letter style as the originals and some relacement tange and designed in the USA stickers??

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If you want decals, get 'em from Gil_M. He'll give you a proof of exactly what you are getting before you order ;)

Thanks for the link, but I'd like to get some custom cut. The typeface for 'Karakoram' on the frame is quite unusual (check the 'all terra' in the photo).
and I'd like to see if I could get it reproduced in a single colour.

As for forks........ ridged all the way!! (for now. ;) )

Tallpaul":1lsi7a60 said:
If you want decals, get 'em from Gil_M. He'll give you a proof of exactly what you are getting before you order ;)

Brilliant, I'll do that, cheers for the heads up.

Here's a few update pix of the build so far.......

DSCN2233.jpg

DSCN2237.jpg

DSCN2234.jpg

She is now fitted out with 7 Speed LX gear and a pair of 8 Speed XT / Mavic 317 wheels.

I'm waiting on a spacer to fit the 7 speed cassette properly, a bottom bracket and some LX500 cranks.

Still to source are a set of chain rings (5 on 110) some grips and a chain.

Once she's up and running I'll take my time to get a more suitable wheel set, tyres (to replace the IRCs) and a set of better LX Canti's.

Then it's respray and new decals time. :D

Until then, she's going to be ridden. :cool:

What d' ya think so far??

Back