Pedalling uphill - furiously

superstrong

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Following my retirement (from racing, not work unfortunately) ive been busy racing. Just a quick report from Lancs CC Hill Climb up The Rake (of doom) in Ramsbottom:

This was a short and rather steep HC, commencing with approx 10% slope, a few corners, bit steeper, then 25% leg breaker, then easing off a little to the finish. Managed to lose about 5 lbs from the previous week so was feeling pretty good. Started in 53 x 21 (i think - 4th down on a 27 block), up 1 gear, then kept in that till the 25% when hit the 39, still in the 23 i think, then down the gears till the finish. My eyes it was painfull. So painfull i could feel my lungs until about yesterday - 4 days after and it was only 2 mins 37.4 secs. Managed 4th equal, beaten by Jim Henderson (1st) - 7 time winner and 4 time nat chimp, 8 secs ahead, James Dobbin (current Nat Chimp) and Dave Clarke (runner up at nat chimps) 2 secs ahead.

Coming up are Catford and Bec CC HC's this sun - looks like Sylvain is in, any other supporters/spectators/people dressed as strong men, deep sea divers and the fella from the soft mint ad are most welcome. It will be my 1st time in both but from what i hear its like a tour stage with specators on the road.

The national chimps are on 28th Oct up Cheddar Gorge(ous), again if anyone is around to support that would be ace. Also if anyone has a pair of Lightweight or similar wheels they can spare for approx 5.5mins....

Also, the training seems to be going pretty well - lost a bit more weight but kept the power - managed to crash going uphill last night...realised id snapped the crank in half.

"Also, the training seems to be going pretty well - lost a bit more weight but kept the power - managed to crash going uphill last night...realised id snapped the crank in half."

Jesus! :LOL:

cant deny the crank was cracked already. it was a sora variety. snapped a race face red ano turbine back in the day doing a jump of approx 6 inches off the ground. possibly more likely to be faulty products rather than my extreme power....!

superstrong":2gona8of said:
Managed to lose about 5 lbs from the previous week so was feeling pretty good..

thats alot of weight to lose from the bike :shock: :LOL:

great effort again Geoff - good luck for the weekend and NC

Well done Jeff.

As Lord Vadar and Jez-Chew-Many-Bikes said...

"Impressive".

Maybe you should be the RB product tester.

Superb effort Geoff - perhaps I should retire from racing also if it leads to that sort of performance!

Then again, no one would notice if I retired :(

Back