DALBY AND THE R.A.C. 27/11- IMPORTANT CHANGES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dalby trails are impossible. We had a look at the sections near Bickley gate (after 40 minutes of grit salt shovelling it took to get up the bank). You cat even tell where the trail goes beyond the marker post).
The conditions must be getting worse too as our SAAB has just gone 11th fastest through the second Langdale stage. The rally is now running about 3 hours behind schedule. The poor sods still have Hamsterly and Kielder to tackle tonight.

Still miles from home and the snow is really coming down.

did you get back ok chaps?

any pics?

i was devastated i couldnt make it, would of gave it a go if i had a 4x4 but a fwd audi with huge alloys isnt the sensible choice......

:LOL:

Well, after dropping the good Dr off, I continued North only to be thwarted on the final section from the A697 tom "home" Fortunately I know people in Longframlington so I was able to get liquid refreshment and a bed there, continuing home this morning, got to put the key in my front door finally at 12.30.
Cracking wee road trip, took me back to when rallying was competitive and non processional. Shame so many couldnt get, we`ll just have to tell you ALL about it
We were awesome, we rocked and so did the T5, mais le Renault 5 turbo , la plus belle voiture du weekend!

Not a rally car in sight but I think you get the idea :)

Attachments

• DSC00519a.jpg
    DSC00519a.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 526
  • DSC00513a.jpg
    DSC00513a.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 526
5215274202_e6c9855a7d_z.jpg

We did get to Dalby....

More here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eenjoense/sets/72157625360903073/

Status
Not open for further replies.