Muddy Fox Courier Comp 1990 - updated 28/1/2011 page 3

Thanks all! Got some new pics. Changed the tires; like the black porcs. And put some yellow salsa grips on it. Also change the bar to the original Muddy Fox!

But, I've got a question. What shall I do with the cables; black or yellow??

This takes me back. My first blast on an MTB around Grizedale involved one of these. I decided there and then it was for me.

Muddy Fox

Nice find!
I had a courier Mega from the same year as that, in bright yellow! It too was a massive 22" frame! and i'm only 5ft 11!! How i rode it off road i do not know?? I ended up selling it to a guy who was 6ft 7" and it was perfect for him.

Great bikes. :cool:

Yellow cable would be too over the top in my opinion. I'd go for black or grey cables as they won't distract from the colour of the frame or the yellow logos. Of course if they made fluorescent green cables then that would be perfect to blend in with the frame.

a fiver??!

Lucky man, I have been looking for one for ages! have settled for the same era adventurer frame - same bike but in orange - watch this space for a little build thread starting this week i hope!

I had one of these - it was my first ever MTB, and from experience stick to black cables - i had mine with green and it looked a bit cheap. It was a great bike though and the colour looks great especially in the winter!

the courier comp was originally specced with 400LX, araya rims, and lots of muddy fox own bits, seat, grips etc.

A lucky man indeed

muddy fox

i actually have the original muddfox seat and handlebar grips if anyone is interested? drop me a pm?

Greig.

i had one of these years ago bought it as frame and forks and never magnaged to build it up god only knows what happened to it :?

Update!

GroteFoto-DHAEFUEF.jpg

GroteFoto-U8JWDS8W.jpg

Back