Bontrager Race Lite 1997

Thanx guys,
Really warms my heart :oops:
Unfortunately I´ve had a lot less time fixing with bikes and riding this year, so the bike isn´t ready yet :roll:
I´ve got everything for it though so next year should be cool.

Here´s some bits that will be fitted on the bike.

ringlepost100424.jpg

Jan

These were probably the hardest parts to find AND get it shipped to sweden.
They´re in pretty good shape and are really light, which is good as the Marz is only 20 g lighter than the frame ;)

I´ll post better pics but it will have to do for now.

IMG_1019.jpg

Jan

very fine build :cool:
but I confess that even if these cranks were stock BITD, I find them unworthy in aesthetics with the rest of the parts. :?
the 737 would look much more elegant or some race face Turbine :idea:

but I confess that even if these cranks were stock BITD, I find them unworthy in aesthetics with the rest of the parts.
the 737 would look much more elegant or some race face Turbine
Yeah, I´ve gathered that most people don´t like the look of that model XT.
It´s just that I love ´em :)
I´ve got m737 cranks but those will be on a future SS project.

And thanks for the kind words, I hope finishing this during the winter.
Jan

Brake studs

Hi jan

really nice build, have similar 96 race lite I've been trying to finish for months.... Can't find rear brake studs; don't suppose you have any spare or know where I could get some?

Cheers
ben

Hi Ben,

I´ve got the same problem :?
Even though the original owner never had the rear brakestuds, it doesn´t really feel right.
I´ve been trying to find some and the closest I got was contacting Paul Sadoff of Rock Lobster fame.

Problem is he doesn´t take anything else but checks or bank wiring.
I don´t have checks and transfering through bank would cost me a lot more than the cost and shipping from the states!

I might still go this path though, nothing else has been cheap for this bike (and rightly so ;) ) so I should really fork out the cash for them.

Jan

Back